One for those B7 owners with black buses...or a saloon for the matter.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
A nice pic of a black avant bus with 18" ronals in a colour other than silver, silver works well for so many of us but too dark can be problematic, this is a nice compramise in my opinion.
most certainly works for me.:thumbs up::yes:

Upload 2020 10 29 20 5 43

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Looks good, trying to work out if it's running any spacers or not

Those wheels look to be the same colour as mine Rob. Ive seen that pic before and it is 100% how I'd have mine if my Bus was black. Looks the nuts

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Mine are rarely clean enough to make out the real colour these days but its very similar.
VideoCapture 20201017 182918

Everytime i see these wheels they remind me off the wheels on the scalextric focus rally cars lol

Just fitted anthracite Dtm's to mine, lowered on H&R springs and 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers, no rubbing.......yet!

Just fitted anthracite Dtm's to mine, lowered on H&R springs and 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers, no rubbing.......yet!

I've got Eibach Sportlines on and 235/40/18 tyres, 43 ET S line wheels.
I've just fitted 15mm spacers on the rear. Fine unloaded, but with 100kg in the boot I had a bit of rubbing.

I've just fitted 15mm spacers on the rear. Fine unloaded, but with 100kg in the boot I had a bit of rubbing.

I'm running 225 40 18 but not tried it loaded yet, may add bilstein B8's in the near future, see if that helps if I get rubbing

What was the extent of the rubbing? We talking rubbing the wheel arch liner or the outer panel?

ET43 +15mm will give you ET28 which will rub the liner under compression , well based on an 8j rim .

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
10mm won't go on the back easily, in my experience, hub is to long and spacer won't seat properly

10mm won't go on the back easily, in my experience, hub is to long and spacer won't seat properly

The hub spigot needs to be ground back a bit, no much just back to the ridge and they will fit on flush.

A better pic.
The face of the hub spigot (black arrow) needs to be ground back a few MM as it forces the spacer away from the hub face.
So, grind back the face (the easiest) or whichever method you decided to use, just up to the edge of the spigot lip , don't go into this as this is the important part of the spigot that fits snug into wheel centre bore or spigot rings if using larger centre bore .

easy peasy, you'll need to do 4 hubs if using anything over 8mm.
Spigot1