1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for the mechanic

Rugslasher Jul 13, 2019

1. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

so I finally collected the rs4 this evening & on the journey home I pet the wife have a go & while in a 40 zone following another car we went over a small bump (nothing bad) but I heard a clink & looked in my mirror & saw an object bounce in the road behind us , the wife thinks it was off the car behind but I made her go back & I found the part so hopefully not off mine but could you peeps have a look at the pics & put my mind at ease pleeeeease

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. T-800

T-800 Guest

Tuned Mass damper off an 8 pot Caliper

Used to counter the harmonic frequency of a certain type of squeak.

[​IMG]

Rugslasher likes this.
  4. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Thanks for the reply , I thought I’d found on google “brake balance weight “ ? , the thing is I had to wait a little longer for the car due to new mot test saying pads low so they’ve had them done but not confident if this has fallen off , is it structural or an add on ?

5. T-800

T-800 Guest

Bolted on to the caliper.

I’d not worry to much may not be even off your car.

If you look through the front alloy at the caliper you should be able to see them

One at the top and one at the bottom.

Rugslasher likes this.
  6. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Thanks will have a gander in morning , thanks again for the quick reply

7. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Well I’ve found that there’s no weights on the passenger side Caliper so I’ve put the one I picked up back on & ordered another so should be good