One for the BiTdi guys

Gregsy16

Reaction score
i currently have a 8P S3 sportback running stage 2. I’ve just had a little one and sportback with all the stuff that comes with babies plus trying to fit two dogs in the car not really happening. Wife is on at me to get a jeep and was looking at the SQ5 but like the look of the A6 Avant BiTdi.

I was just wondering what to look out for on them as I’m contemplating going to view one at the weekend. I’ve seen a few people on here mentions issues with gearboxes.

BiTdi mostly come with tiptronics in UK so you shouldn’t worry anything. S tronic is the one you are probably after but keep your oil changed every 38k and should be good. 225 quid total in dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The A6 Bitdi is the same engine as the older SQ5 (the new ones are petrol I think). My only suggestion is get a warranty if you can. If your turbo or similar needs replacing it's a lot of money. It's not a common problem but it's an expensive one. You can look at my previous posts about it. It's a fantastic car though.

All bitdi a6's come with the 8 speed ZF tranny which is the same as in the RS6. Excellent box and generally bulletproof.
Engines again are awesome and the power is immense in such a big car.
I have 2 kids and 2 dogs and nothing for the money can give you the space, practically and power along with being super comfortable.

I usually get itchy feet after a few months with a car but honestly can't think of anything i would rather have.

To for it. You will not regret it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was looking at the SQ5 but they’re not exactly the biggest jeeps in the world. Always liked the look of the A6 Avant and even more so now with basically the same engine as the SQ5

BiTdi mostly come with tiptronics in UK so you shouldn’t worry anything. S tronic is the one you are probably after but keep your oil changed every 38k and should be good. 225 quid total in dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally change my oil every 10k with the S3 so would be keeping that going if I was to go for the bitdi.

I had a 2002 s3. Looked at sq5 also but glad we got the a6 bitdi

2 kids great family car

S3 great car but just need something bigger. Def leaning towards the Avant opposes to the SQ5

Reactions: Buxton2901
S3 great car but just need something bigger. Def leaning towards the Avant opposes to the SQ5
I looked at the SQ5 but the boot isn't big enough for my 2 labs and i love the look of the Avant

Some pics of mine to get you going lol
541fdcede579e2a39c9c2c664f67ed5f.jpg
8b441ec21fc69e6bbef31d9415ad295f.jpg
6441eff9638c8272f9d9cf3a89a56ee0.jpg

i can assure you there is plenty of room in the A6 Avant for 2 large Labradors!

IMG 2702
IMG 2703

3 labs even fit lol
916425dd1da4c4be1ae9e688627b83a6.jpg

Reactions: JSR913
We have squashed the mother in law's little beagle in with the labs for shirt trips to the beach
b2cfbdf92a95358d05bfbb20c5fff978.jpg

Reactions: Gregsy16
Enquiry submitted for the one I have seen. Just waiting to hear what they would offer me for my S3.