Onboard computer retrofit.

Zaac

Reaction score
At the moment my wiper stalk has no buttons on it to control the on board computer, just shows distance to empty.

Is this a simple wheel off stalk off new stalk in wheel on, vag com job or more in depth?

Hoping it's a DIY..... lol

In essence, yes.

Remember to get the correct stalk for your car - one from either a B6 or a B7 will be fine - but remember if you have an avant, a saloon one wont have the rear wiper on it.

Only thing you'll need to do which you've not mentioned is deal witht he fact that unless you go all the way and fit washer level sensors - you'll have a 'low washer level' warning pop up. Most folk just trick the car by bypassing this with a grounding wire.

Nope that would do fine - although that one doesn't say whether is a saloon or avant one, just remember to get one specific to your variation of car :)

Just a stalk and programming via vcds as im aware. And the washer level sensor.

Sorry to hi-Jack thread but I've just bought a4 avant s-line and am shocked it hasn't got this standard, my a3 8p sport had it standard, if you havnt got dis do you not have a bottle sensor?
Has anyone got any links for wiring, clips and sensors for wiring in washer bottle sensor and where it gets wired into?