on the rollers at awesome today

S

shanejess

had the s3 on the rollers today at awesome gti, wasnt sure to what map my car had if any, ive had a neuspeed aircone fitted and a 3inch downpipe and de-cat by pipewerx nothing else so really didnt know what to expect to be honest, anyway the car ran 247bhp and 294lb ft. it feels nice and strong to drive but after speaking to awesome the NEW stage 2 remap seems the best option the new apr map is the one for the lcrs, who have always for some reason ran better figures than the tt/s3, its awesomes big fare tomorrow and the stage2 is on special offer for 1 day only so im thinking of getting their early and taking advantage lol.:idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
with your mods already in place the apr stage 2 remap will be the iceing on the cake sandip.

Well my map didn't go on:( My car was in the cross over period (2001) and the software won't fit, would need to be a chip change.

Noticed my car was smoking more than usual today though so i'm going to keep my eye on that for a while before i get a map i think

Drove Shanes and Daves APR Stage2 and both felt very strong and smooth throughout the rev range:)

stage 2 today at awesome took the car home on the motorway and really felt the difference, put your foot down at 80 in 6th and it brings a smile to your face, its very linear boost is so strong right through the rev range and feels just as strong at 2500revs as it does to 6000revs, before stage 2 it ran out of boost at 4500revs.

Well my map didn't go on:( My car was in the cross over period (2001) and the software won't fit, would need to be a chip change.

Noticed my car was smoking more than usual today though so i'm going to keep my eye on that for a while before i get a map i think

Drove Shanes and Daves APR Stage2 and both felt very strong and smooth throughout the rev range:)

So you cant have the car flashed through the obd port then?

The chip in mine hasn't got enough room for the software to go on, they could of changed the chip but because the open day was on the were really busy. A little gutted but i'm looking at getting my turbo rebuilt now before getting it mapped

The chip in mine hasn't got enough room for the software to go on, they could of changed the chip but because the open day was on the were really busy. A little gutted but i'm looking at getting my turbo rebuilt now before getting it mapped

technical term coming up.

nonsense. very flashable.. just they probably dont have code for your variant of ecu model/software

**yours is likely not std, it made more than std at ajec did'nt it? so its possible there is a physical chip/encryption board in there, which would prevent flashing. ** opening it up to look see would confirm.

you know where i am

Last edited:
technical term coming up.

nonsense. very flashable.. just they probably dont have code for your variant of ecu model/software

**yours is likely not std, it made more than std at ajec did'nt it? so its possible there is a physical chip/encryption board in there, which would prevent flashing. ** opening it up to look see would confirm.

you know where i am

Shane had his done Bill (2003), went straight on, took 10minutes, mine did 12% then froze. According to Awesome they have trouble putting the software on the earliers cars. The code they tried on mine and Shanes were both the same. I'll make a trip down to yours one saturday:)

cheers , your car must be one of the cleanest s3,s in the country love the colour, did you find any oil in the ic pipes?

Yeah Dave, nothing to major in them, Lee followed me home to see if it smoked anymore and it didn't. Not sure why my car did that, i'm going to keep an eye on over the next couple of weeks. Might be making a trip down to Bill so he can check the car over in general

Thanks for your compliment, didn't really get a chance to polish it up because of the gash weather lol

gutted for you sandip! ut at least ur not wasting ur monet on the map just yet :p when you get your turbo sorted and want to map it let me know, might come down and get mine done and we can barter for some discount ;)