On the hunt for sprint/Sephang s3 s tronic

S3LVX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted lately but am back on the hunt for an S3. I had an s3 2 years ago but sold it and replaced it with a 1.8T A3 which I am currently driving.
IMG_0018.jpg

Im looking at getting another S3 preferably Sprint or Sephang blue S tronic. I know the new A3 is being released at Geneva but i really love the 8p shape and would be more than happy with that for a couple of years.

I have come across this and just wanted to see what everyone thought. Looks like a good deal to me. Just wanted to see what everyone thoughts were or any advice: ( the link to the advert is below)

Thanks

Audi�S3�Quattro S Tronic for Sale � Automarques Sports and Prestige Ltd � Sheffield � South Yorkshire

Last edited:
Looks alright to me, but I know nothing about the reputation of the dealer.

Interesting it ended up with them rather than back at the dealer, assume owner must have traded against a 2nd hand car. Lovely colour.

Looks nice!
I went to see this one: Used Audi S3 Quattro S Tronic BIG SPEC WITH SAT NAV+, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK

Looked very nice, went well, and has a decent spec with the sat nav etc. Didn't go for it as I come to my senses doing 20k+ a year and brought the new A4 TDi Dynamik Edition.

Can give you the guys name who I dealt with there, they seemed pretty good, and I got to drewl over the DBS they have in the showroom!

Looks alright to me, but I know nothing about the reputation of the dealer.

Interesting it ended up with them rather than back at the dealer, assume owner must have traded against a 2nd hand car. Lovely colour.

Ye that did cross my mind but as you said must have traded against another car. I haven't seen to many s tronics in sephang so this is really tempting me and seems a decent price. Seems to have a couple nice cars in the showroom. Your car looks stunning by the way with the new 19" black edition wheels.

Last edited:
I saw a sprint blue black edition S3 from Bexley Audi. No pictures up yet but has a good spec. It is £29,999, which is a bit more than i would want to pay. Has anybody recently had any decent discounts and at what dealerships? I am mainly looking around the south east London area. I wasn't sure whether getting 10% off this one below was realistic?

Vehicle View - Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Edition - Bexley

Got 9.7% off a new dealer order so it ended up at £31.5k. Went new as it meant I could spec what I wanted and run it in.

Got 9.7% off a new dealer order so it ended up at £31.5k. Went new as it meant I could spec what I wanted and run it in.

I went new on my last s3 and got only 5% off (Beckenham Audi) but I don't think i could deal with the wait this time. I wasn't too sure how negotiable they are of used S3's on the forecourt. I would love to just jump straight back into an S3 soonish :racer:.
Do you reckon this one is over-priced?

I went new on my last s3 and got only 5% off (Beckenham Audi) but I don't think i could deal with the wait this time. I wasn't too sure how negotiable they are of used S3's on the forecourt. I would love to just jump straight back into an S3 soonish :racer:.
Do you reckon this one is over-priced?

A little.

I love the way dealers tell you (with some delight) that once you've driven the car off the forecourt your car loses the value of it's VAT immediately, and it's no longer new. That is, unless it's back in the hand of an Audi dealership and they are selling it. I'd not want to be paying much over £27,500 for a car with 5,000 miles on it. No matter how they wrap it up, that car was probably sold with a discount in the first place (if it wasn't an HQ car), and they are basically selling it again at almost new price. You can always make an offer and say if they decide they want a guaranteed sale to call you. I wouldn't hand them the sale on a plate.

A little.

I love the way dealers tell you (with some delight) that once you've driven the car off the forecourt your car loses the value of it's VAT immediately, and it's no longer new. That is, unless it's back in the hand of an Audi dealership and they are selling it. I'd not want to be paying much over £27,500 for a car with 5,000 miles on it. No matter how they wrap it up, that car was probably sold with a discount in the first place (if it wasn't an HQ car), and they are basically selling it again at almost new price. You can always make an offer and say if they decide they want a guaranteed sale to call you. I wouldn't hand them the sale on a plate.

That's very true. Cheers for the advice Warren.