SQ5 OMG this is oh sooooooooo 'interesting' (SQ5 Bi-TDi)

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I'm interested now I've seen it with the 'black pack' OMG :thumbs up::racer::yes::superman::

2021 SQ5

What ever else yer into go try a Bi-TDi AUDI SQ5 - don't pussy foot, go play - what a machine :thumbs up:

Reactions: FBF01 and RS3copilot
One can't help thinking Audi are stuck in the 'sell what you have got rather than what you'd like' rut. Here in UK diesel sales have been declining whilst petrol, hybrid and full EV sales have been rising. Back in 2013 when the 1st SQ5 Bi-TDI 1st appeared it was an awesome tool, 8 years later the market has moved on...they'd have more chance with a RSQ5 - much talked about but never appeared.

As a former SQ5 owner I can say that doesnt appeal to me at all on so many levels...

I hate coupe SUVs, a big car with restricted practicality

I dont want a diesel - they might be great and suit SUVs but after driving them most of my life when I was doing big mileage, I now want the sound and refinement of a petrol

Its too fussy, with the sloping back, the fake exhausts (they are even worse then the pretend fakes on the pre facelift) and the two tone paint.

I'll pass....even if it is great.

I suspect that the move away from diesel caught many manufacturers on the wrong foot from an R&D standpoint - Audi included. I parted with my 2nd diesel SQ5 at the end of 2015 and have been petrol powered ever since - drivers have moved on.

But I have a BIG problem with both my petrol Audi TT and Audi RS3 and that's that I have to shift my BiTDi SQ5 out of the way and once fired up think 'stuff it' we much prefer the BiTDi SQ5 anyway and off we go... :yahoo:

I think AUDI have it right and that future petrol versions will struggle to meet future emission requirements - while waiting for 'plug-in'
23.gif

Time will tell... :racer:

Reactions: paul wev and blackwood
Reactions: AllanG and paul wev