OK to stage 1 remap a tiptronic 20.tfsi?

bigpapasmurf

Reaction score
I have an '06 A4 2.0tfsi quattro tiptronic. Its a great piece of kit! Having got an 8L S3 thats been stage 1 remapped though, and knowing how much more driveable it was after, Im looking at doing the same to the A4. I take it that the tiptronic 'box will be ok with a few more ponies?

Last edited:
TBH dsg boxes are fairly robust, can take more than manuals, so obviously dependent on how much more power, but generic map is fine, so are further increases if done properly.

Cheers. It's not the dsg box tho, it's the torque converter tiptronic...

Ah sorry was in 8P mode, lucky its not a B8 multitronic as they don't read well for power, seems numerous people have told me including an audi master tech, few tuners & sales guys that increased power melts them, guess lucky its a B7 :)

Yeah the multitronic is a constantly variable transmission. As an engineer, I have a massive distrust of them :p You know where you are with a torque converter, power sapping it may be...

Should be ok, guess its all down to the previous owners & maintenance aswell, talk to a trusted non selfish tuner, by that I mean not someone who will sell a remap at all costs, depending here you are, I rate Simon@amdtechnik Surrey.