ok - stupid headlamp question

Fraser

Reaction score
Tsport 1996 preface lift

I have a hole in the lens of the passenger headlamp, have sourced a replacement unit but can I access the screws to pop her out? no.

top 2 torx are fine, then I have access problems as the indicator is blocking - does this indicator slide out or is it fastened some how

it looks like I need to take the front bumper off to access - is this right?

feel a total clutz but am slowly up skilling myself - grateful for any help or tips in swapping this unit, also need to replace the headlamp washer pump

got a few other bits that should be a bit more straight forward - n75 and oil dipstick guide :)

The seperate indicator is easy to remove. looking from above where the 2 units meet there is what looks like a plastic cross head screw, fairly over size, use a long screwdriver and push down on this, it should pop down on on a sprung bit of plastic, with this pushed down just pull the indicator out towards the front of the car and hey presto out it slides on 2 guide rails on the headlight. You should then beable to get to the final torx screw on the side of the headlight, I used a screwdriver torx bit with the right sive ring spanner sipped over it.

The washer pump is inside the wing, you need to jack up, take wheel off,remove the arch liner and you should see it all there, the pump just pulls out of the bottle, the hoses are just clipped onto it, remove and swap.

i took the bumper off to fit mine, mainly because i was fitting the snub mount at the same time

I was fitting facelift lamps however and i dont think you can get to the screws on it with the bumper fitted?