OK, I give up! i cant resist it any longer

martin g

[censored]
Reaction score
Booking a stage one map tomorrow...ive had a **** day so i need retail therapy

....im blaming you lot for banging on about it though:)

Revo all the way baby :icon_thumright:

I would say if you get CC or r-Teck etc for sub 300 pounds with free 007p and Green panel filter then go for that, you get more for what you pay for, I have revo, it is nice but beeing in an MRC a3 KO4, it was much smoother and held the rev all the way didnt feel the torque tailling off. but downside is, it costs more.

free, but when it goes back it wont be your original map, it will be one of their's but probabily older version, it's version copy they would have on thier database. I would not recommend.

hmmm yeh suppose they would make the map worse so you deffo come back for the full thing.

well understood, that is the idea, smart marketing from Revo.

S3KO4 said:
I would say if you get CC or r-Teck etc for sub 300 pounds with free 007p and Green panel filter then go for that, you get more for what you pay for

Eh? Where/who does that? Interested!

I heard CC or or someone along those lines had offers maybe 340 pounds.. I dont know if they still exist.

free, but when it goes back it wont be your original map, it will be one of their's but probabily older version, it's version copy they would have on thier database. I would not recommend.

and in five years I have NEVER seen this urban myth proven despite members stating this,its always never backed up with Dyno's

to be fair its a simple choice of throw ya back in ya seat Revo or nice smooth CC...... Im not a fan of Revo as if you dont like the trial then your ECU cannot be written over without removing it from the car and bench flashing it, here is nothing in it performance wise......... i have tested mine against another Revo in several different conditions

i cant see however how the Revo standard map will mimick the Audi original map as it will always be Revo's perception of what the Audi map is....i doubt Audi would release that

My choice was made as i test drove the CC first and preferred the less laggy nature of it, the Revo does have its fans though so im not gonna slate either....fact is the Revo has been around longer and has the trial version which has done it no favours

AMD are supposed to be good, although personally dont know juch about them...APS are a complete unknown to me

If it comes down to cost alone for me then revo is still better value because I reside in South Somerset and the trip alone to Derbyshire will cost me £80 - £100 so effectively thats a £460.00 remap.

TSR will be a tenner in fuel and if i get any issues 40 minutes to drive there. I think i would take convenience over package in this instance although I do like the idea that teh CC could be less laggy?? lag is bad.

cc will come to you at no extra cost - you'll have to check cos not heard for a while plus they also have local reps....give them a ring

Tim you getting comission from CC or something?
I have REVO: great punch and i dont the power tales off too badly as peopple seem to state. I've had numerous people including a CC technichian who loved the performance of my S3 and asked what map it was. He stated it to be a very good map that i had on there. Personally i love the punch in the back as i find the linear power delivery boaring with no urgency, i can see the appeal of a OEM type power curve. Put it this way, whoever i have in my car comes out with a smile on their face at the punch it gives. hope that helps.

haha Rav..... did you know JBS used to be one of the biggest Revo suppliers in the UK? They apparently wanted to tweek the Revo map which Revo promptly disallowed them to do, hence why CC was born - according to the chap that owns it

that said they are all sales people in the end trying to push their map over others and there is no difference in performance when compared with each other, the Revo is slightly lagier though which is a consequence of having the peaky boost, you will get a smile from both maps..... the choice you have to make is not a performance one, its a feel vs useability - the difference isnt night and day

I would like a smoother feel, not a drop of "punch in the back", so hence my interest in CC.

fully agree with you Tim.
I did know about REVO and that being progressed to CC.
All in all, everyones marketting their map as the "best." its just a matter of what you want from your car. I doubt you'll be dissapointed with either. All i can say is im more then happy with the REVO map i have on and have never had anyone say anything bad about it from a driving or passenger point of view.

Not heard many shouts for an APS remap http://www.autops.co.uk/ which is what I have. Car pulls well in all gears and always leave me and my passengers smiling unless my girlfriends in the car who complains about the whiplash effect every now and again.

It all depends on what you want at the end of the day.

I think we need to organise a group meet to see which map is king and thrash it out on a strip somewhere.

When people say Revo drops off at a certain point, where abouts does it do this? What part of the rev range?