Saloon Oil usage after 1018 miles....

zippster

Reaction score
Hey all just thought id share..

decided to have a good look under the bonnet today and clean all the excessive polish and potions from around the shut lines and decided after 6 months of putting it off (for fear of what I will find!) I thought id check the oil of the 'ASBO'.

to my surprise the oil level it still at the maximum of the stick, I check a couple of times to be sure and it appears that its not a thirsty as some threads have led me to believe.

now I'm not saying it's anything to do with it, but I did follow the break-in process to the letter..(ok mostly!)

I didn't get a 1lt bottle in the boot either, so I was thinking of getting some for a top up.. does anyone know what I should be using? the oil cap mentions castrol?

Thanks in advance, hope your having a good easter!

Last edited:
My oil gets changed very 5k, but never had to put a drop in with those intervals at least and on 17k now.

Reactions: zippster
Just changed mine at 14000 and decided to swap to Millers EE Nanodrive 5W-30 after a discussion with Millers technical helpline who I might add were extremely helpful.

Had been using Castrol edge professional.

Just changed mine at 14000 and decided to swap to Millers EE Nanodrive 5W-30 after a discussion with Millers technical helpline who I might add were extremely helpful.

Had been using Castrol edge professional.

Glad to hear you’ve gone that route also, I’m running the same oil in mine as per recommendation from my indy.

Noticed it seemed to run a few degrees cooler in any given condition, might just be me though.