1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil Wilkinson

Neil Wilkinson Member

Ok so today on my way home the oil light came on saying top up 1 litre but still safe to drive. Now considering I had new pistons, con rods etc almost 2 years ago FOC by Audi I’m a little concerned as it’s the first time the oil light has come on since the repair.

Now I know these Audi’s are thirsty on oil and I do drive it hard at times so maybe it’s just natural consumption but still got me worried that the issue has come back (can it come back after the repair??) My local mechanic changed the oil I’d say within the last 12 months so not as if is been 2 years since oil changed, by which I’d expect a little top up.

Has anyone else experienced this AFTER the repair?

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. xpoweruk

xpoweruk S4 B8 Smile Machine Team Ibis saloon Audi S4 quattro

How many miles since the oil change ?

4. Neil Wilkinson

Neil Wilkinson Member

11k, oil changed July last year

5. tech838

tech838 New Member

Assuming it was actually topped up to the max mark after the service 1L in 11k miles is nothing. Thats very low oil usage so I wouldn't be worried.

xpoweruk likes this.
  6. Neil Wilkinson

Neil Wilkinson Member

Ok thanks, I was just worried first time light has come on since it was fixed.

xpoweruk likes this.
  7. xpoweruk

xpoweruk S4 B8 Smile Machine Team Ibis saloon Audi S4 quattro

That's a super low amount :)

8. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

Presumably you check the oil level from time to time? :)