Oil top up kit?

S32B

Reaction score
Did anyone buy one? You can see it here http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-oil.html
Ask your Audi dealer for a convenient top up kit for just £18.50. The kit includes a handy pouch, oil funnel, wipes, gloves and velcro fixings to keep it safe within your boot.

When topping up, it's essential to pour oil gradually and not top up with too much as it can cause engine damage. Check your dipstick to ensure you have sufficiently topped up your engine oil; this should be up to the maximum level indicator on your dipstick.

Just wondering what size of oil they give you?!?!? It's showing as £20 in Halfords for a 1lt bottle, so if the Audi one is a 1lt then that's a good price with the other little bits to keep it neat and tidy :)

£9 at Tesco.

PiH1s2G.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/top-up-oil.206175/

The top up kit supplied with a new car is very much a dealer group thing. Some do, some don't.

Swansway Garage Group (Crewe, Stoke, Stafford Audi) put a bottle in with the zip up case
Listers Group (Worcester, Stratford, Covemtry etc. Audi) don't. Penny pinching. ;)

Yeah mine was already in the boot.
Mobil 1 oil even though audi recommend castrol lol

Mine had a bottle of oil in the boot when I saw the car before its pdi. After taking delivery I found it was missing - deliberate or accidental? !! When I informed them they gave me a bottle without any problems. Makes yiu wonder if some valeter or technician is spiriting them away to sell or use on guvvies.

I got mine for free, with a snazzy case too. Still have it, haven't used it!

My stealer told me oil top ups were free if required as well as bulb replacement needless to say I didn't buy an oil top up kit

Top up kits supplied in both OH's A1 (in an Audi case) and my S3 (in a Shell case).

When I had to complain about the oil level in the A1 being on the Min mark 10 days and less than 200 miles after an oil service, I was handed another pack out of the back of a showroom A3.

I wonder if that will be replaced before sale ;)

Exeter Audi do - my TT came with oil and a case but the A3 with just the oil.

My last three new A4's from Teesside Audi all have come with the case and the oil. For me they can shove the case, I'll just have the oil thanks! :D

For those of you old enough to remember:

I guess if you're happy with the Audi "gift" with your new car "Oil Give It Five" ;)

Now I'm going to have explain it!!
In the 1960s (yes I said it was a long time ago!) there was a TV programme called Thank Your Lucky Stars and there was a section of the programme where members of the audience reviewed 45rpm singles. One of the regulars was a girl - Janice Nicols (I think?) - who spoke with a very strong Brummy accent and when scoring records she'd often say "Oi'll give it foive". It became a regular catchphrase in my youth.
I shouldn't have bothered should I ...........

Reactions: veeeight
Wow. I'm utterly amazed ......

.... That they had television when you were a kid :p

Reactions: glospete
I'm sure everyones pretty clued up on what oil to use already but just a quick one, brother picked up a new A1 1.4 TFSI, did come with an oil pack however completely the wrong spec of oil for the car and for a diesel engine. (confirmed by dealer)

Be sure to check what you've got! :)

Funnily enough the oil for my A3 is exactly the same as that recommended for my last car, a Hyundai Santa Fe diesel so it's quite possible! The spec is 5W30
Volkswagen (Gasoline / Diesel) 504 00 / 507 00

Funnily enough the oil for my A3 is exactly the same as that recommended for my last car, a Hyundai Santa Fe diesel so it's quite possible! The spec is 5W30
Volkswagen (Gasoline / Diesel) 504 00 / 507 00

Yeah a lot of oils overlap however this one didn't cant quite remember what it was but it wasn't right by any means.

We got a 1 litre (I think) bottle of oil in the boot of ours (just loose, not in any form of case or pouch) which, from memory, is Audi branded. The dealer actually made a point of telling us about it and warned us that using anything but 'proper Audi oil' would be very damaging to the engine! I'll obviously use it when needed, but once it's gone I'll buy something reputable of the same weight and composition (Fully synthetic, semi-synth, whatever the Audi stuff is). I'm sure the 'Audi' oil will only be something like Castrol or Mobil rebranded anyway.

It doesn't matter what brand it says on the bottle, as long as:

It meets VW 504 00 507 00

If you are on long life/variable service schedules.

In the UK, the recommended viscosity For normal road use is 5W-30.
This will differ for different markets/climates/usage.

This is what (some) Audi dealers are currently providing in the boot as a top up kit:

TpIUxVh.jpg