Oil top up help please

marcdtr

Reaction score
hi
My oil was just showing on the dipstick so i topped it up to where it should be and then 5 minutes driving the engine light came on. The car still drives the same and i did not over fill. I've checked the level since and its fine.
Has anyone had this before its a 3.0l sport cab.

Thanks

its the engine management light

Light this one

How long before checking the oil level did you previously check it? Ie how long has it taken to get so low?

I think the management light could be coincidental, your best bet at the moment would be to get the codes flashed on a Vagcom

That light is something else maybe coil pack or lamba sensor to rich.

It's the emission control light. Engine management light would be red.
Check the wiring, coil packs and sparks..

Sounds like you have eather not put the dipstick back in all the way or left the oil filler cap off,causing a air leak and the EML to come on.

Got it read today and it's come up with the rear O2 sensor being that there is two is it common practice to change both and would you use aftermarket ones as there is a massive price difference.
Where's the best place to buy them? Thanks

If it was me I wouldn't go aftermarket 02 sensors you will be forever changing them but then I'm not paying for them. You can pick them up from any main car parts shop tps, Smf somewhere like that

Euro car parts looks good they range from £40 to £70 so i`m going to get £70 ones as they said they are as close as you can get to oem and replace both hopefully job done.
Thank you everyone for your advise and help.

No problems report back once fitted to let us know it sorted out your problems

All fixed I changed both and the ones that came out were not the same. Aftermarket and totally different a lot shorter than the oem ones