Oil Top Up Already!

Dan241085

Reaction score
So I have 4500 miles on the clock and it's saying oil level is low, has anyone else had this alert or is there something I should concerned about that I need to top up the oil already?

I need to ring the dealer today to see whether it is a variable or fixed oil change during services. This is what it advised in the user manual in order to buy the correct oil type.

Did you check the oil when you got it? Often it isn't topped up correctly

There have been a few reports recently of oil levels being low post PDI and not topped up, so l wouldn't worry about it (I had to top up my S7 at just over 5000 miles, with a litre of Edge)

If you go into the MMI (Car settings) you should be able to look at when the next service is due. If it says due in X,000 miles, or xxx days, then you are on variable. TBH, l think all new Audis come on variable at delivery anyway.

I didn't check the levels on collection, just assumed there would be sufficient to get me to the first service, never had to top up oil on my previous Audi which was from new.

No big deal will get to the garage later today, it says I can continue driving so not a major inconvenience.

It does say either miles or days so will go with the variable oil it states in the manual.