Oil temp Gauge????

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Got I'm the old girl tonight and pulled out of the car park at work. Noticed the oil temp gauge reading 180deg. As the engine had only just started I figured it was safe to assume the reading couldn't be trusted. Sure enough the car was left to cool (3 hours) and when I turned the ignition lights on the gauge shot straight to 80deg.

Do I assume the sender is at fault. Is this on the modene oil cooler/warmer and can it be replaced without swapping the modene out? Assume OE is the only one to get?

Best way to tell would be to log oil temp in vag-com... If the results in vag-com are still way off you can be fairly certain it's the sender at fault.

From experience though, I would not be at all surprised if the dash was at fault...

early clusters cant log it i dont think, the signal just directly drives the guage.

Its a spade terminal on the oil filter housing. Theres two though, one for the pressure sensor and one for temp. the sensor simply unscrews if you need to change it.

Came home from work watching the gauge and again it behaved just fine. Popped the bonnet and had a good rummage and nothing looks off. Guess I'll have to watch it for a few days and see what happens.