Oil Temp Display

H

HansfishS3

Hi all, when I go to check my oil temp. in my DIS display I get '---'. It used to work perfect before my remap, any ideas?

Does anyone know where it's located, is it in the SUMP?

Hmmm I can't seem to find it on any diagrams in the part database?

I have a 2007 S3. I can't find anywhere to check the oil temperature when i scroll through my DIS.
I can only see MPG, Fuel left in miles, Average speed, current MPG, etc. Any idea's?

I have a 2007 S3. I can't find anywhere to check the oil temperature when i scroll through my DIS.
I can only see MPG, Fuel left in miles, Average speed, current MPG, etc. Any idea's?

Read the manual and it it shows you all the different displays / how to access them , you’ll probably discover useful stuff you didn’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read the manual and it it shows you all the different displays / how to access them , you’ll probably discover useful stuff you didn’t know

If the pervious owner hadn’t lost the book I wouldn’t be asking. Thanks for the useful answer though.

If the pervious owner hadn’t lost the book I wouldn’t be asking. Thanks for the useful answer though.

It wasn’t a sarcastic comment , was genuine . After reading the manual I found loads of features in my s3 I didn’t know it had . Maybe worth buying a copy . A friend of mine just brought a new a6 and couldn’t get the fuel cap open so decided to prize it open and broke it/damaged the paint work. If he had read the manual he would of known about the red pull cord in the boot .

If it helps on my s3 (2012) the oil temp is the last menu on the dis where it displays service interval , chassis number . You have to scroll up to it and click to access it .

Fair enough.
I’ll try again and see what I can find.
Maybe I can get a S3 owners manual off eBay. Thanks for the help.

Fair enough.
I’ll try again and see what I can find.
Maybe I can get a S3 owners manual off eBay. Thanks for the help.

aff65c47e9f206f403e28bb14da262b0.jpg

Top video shows you were it is

Found it!
I hadn’t spotted the Reset button on the bottom on the right hand stalk.
Thanks for the help. Much apprichiated.

Reactions: Muggles190
I don't suppose there's a way to make it stay on screen is there? My oil temp goes off after 20 odd seconds.

You need to click it three times so it brings up the Set and check menu and you click check then scroll down.

I don't suppose there's a way to make it stay on screen is there? My oil temp goes off after 20 odd seconds.
Would like oil temp on for a longer time but doubt it's possible without some kind of black magic.