oil pressure warning ?

AAR4N

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just a quick one. I took a roundabout hard last night and my dash flashed up oil pressure a couple of times then went off. Has anyone had this before or know what it could be ?

Cheers

What engine?

Also, if my oil pressure light flipped on, it would not get the chance to come on again because i'd be engine-off at the side of the road ringing the AA for a flatbed praying I didn't find engine-cheese-gratings in the oil.

uDNqsKs.gif

Also if it came on under hard cornering, that'd point to it being an actual pressure problem not just a faulty pressure sensor. You're lucky you didn't starve the engine under cornering force and knacker it.

I know I wouldn't be driving it again until I knew what was up. If it's a 2.0T they are bad for gunky clogging in the pickup pipe.

Last edited:
It's an S3 mate. Oh god am scared to drive it now.

Don't worry they can flash up if under hard cornering, my other did it I just checked oil an was a tiny bit low so did oil change kept it at optimum level an never happened again. You certainly won't be the only one that's had this under hard cornering.

Last edited:
I have just checked the oil and it's just above minimum. So gonna top it up now. Could this be the cause then do u recon ? Also do the S3's use a lot of oil ? As I only topped it up about 2 month ago ?

Cheers again guys.

Having low oil can cause the light to flick on under spirited cornering

Spot on mate that's made me feel a bit better. Topped up now ready for graft in the morning. Then take it down audi for a check over on Friday.

Cheers for the help guys. :thumbsup:

Yep that will have been your cause, some tfsi engines use a lot some don't. My other S3 used a lot so did my mates 1.8 tfsi, the one I've got now not so much.

I've ran my oil too low (shame) on occasion but never had a pressure warning, even under hard cornering.
Yes TFSI engines can drink oil, mine can do 1L every 1K miles or less.

Hmm need to keep an eye out on my oil more often from now on then. Just hope everything is ok. I read a post about an oil return pipe or something like that. Ppl say it gets full of gunk will I be able to check this myself or will it be best to take it to a garage ?

Cheers

Hmm need to keep an eye out on my oil more often from now on then. Just hope everything is ok. I read a post about an oil return pipe or something like that. Ppl say it gets full of gunk will I be able to check this myself or will it be best to take it to a garage ?

Cheers

Yea the pickup can become blocked, happened to me and I heard a few horror stories about it. To replace it's sump off, £20-ish pipe that has a round thing and a mesh on it. Easy to spot.

OK mate cheers. Al have a look in the morning. Cheers for all your help bud. Much appreciated.