Oil pressure warning light

Christopherski

Reaction score
Right i've read up loads about the oil pump problems the 2.0Tdi's have. I have a 56 plate 2.0 S-line 170 avant. When i leave work i get a low oil pressure warning light. Switch the car off and on again and it goes of then comes back on, do the same again and it goes off completely. Not sure why but it only does it when i leave work and never any other time. The turbo was replaced about 2 months agao and a new oil pressure switch a couple of weeks ago. Does this sound like a pump failure, a dodgy pressure switch as it never did it before then or does it sound like a blocked pickup?

Any help is great, luckily the car has a 6 month warranty and i've only had it just over a month so far.

Dodgy pressure switch (was it genuine ?) or nearly failed rounded partially slipping 77 mm oil pump hex drive key.

Oil pump should be addressed regardless as prevention if you're keeping the car.

Oil pressure needs testing / drop sump to examine key fit and wear .

The pump will be addressed once i get a bit of money, but i'm away in a few weeks so need to save for that. It is going in for other work whilst i'm away so i'll get them to look at it at the same time. It is under warranty so i'll see if they can cover it as a pump failure.