Oil on spark plugs

shezza

Reaction score
So I own an Audi A6 3.0T. I changed my PCV, Water pump and Thermostat. After changing it, I pulled my oil cap off to compare the vacuum, I was disappointed, it felt no different.
Today, it is very different... Only a couple of thousand k's down the track, there is very little vacuum and my spark plugs are getting wet. Here is where it gets weirder... It is all on the right bank and cylinders 1 and 3 are the main issues. It was actually 3 for a while... Now 1 has become the main culprit. I tried installing a new PCV, no help!

Oily plugs usually means piston rings failing, other than that possibly oil has gotten into your fuel system somehow (maybe a bad batch of fuel?)

Oily plugs usually means piston rings failing, other than that possibly oil has gotten into your fuel system somehow (maybe a bad batch of fuel?)
That is fair to say... Though two things are highly strange here. The issue started directly after the works I did on it... And the issue began in No 3 and now has moved to No 1. The other bank has had no issues whatsoever!

Check your whole intake system as it could be being fed in through there.

Check your whole intake system as it could be being fed in through there.
Could you be more specific? Do you know how the intake could draw oil? I only get it coming from the PCV, which doesn't make sense...

Bit of an update... So I put a scope down the cylinder and this is what I found.

It is coming from the exhaust side only. The rest of the cylinder is dry. This was after turning the engine over a couple of times. I am supposing this only points to a head gasket, but that would just make it weirder, as there is no connection that I can think of, between the head gasket going and the work I did to the car. To top it off, these cars very rarely blow the head gasket.