Oil Level

NICKY_CDN

2.0 TDI 140PS
Reaction score
A couple of questions:uhm:

(2.0l TDI 140ps)

1. At what point does oil light come on? (Zero oil, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4)
2. What is difference between min and max on dipstick?

I was driving home and oil light came on, had car less than 6months and done ~4000miles so not expecting it. Checked dipstick and level looked just below half. Topped up with ~0.5litres and now level is just above max.:banghead:

Does this seem correct? Manual says engine takes ~3.7 litres of oil so if I used 0.5 litres (which I obviously have not since over max now) then I still have 86% of oil in car.

Each time mine has come on I have added around 0.5 litres to bring it back up to maximum on the dipstck. Mine uses 1 litre every 10k.

The warning system seems a little sensitive on My 20 TDI as well Needing less than half a litre to fill it back up to the max level !

A couple of questions:uhm:

(2.0l TDI 140ps)

1. At what point does oil light come on? (Zero oil, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4)
2. What is difference between min and max on dipstick?

I was driving home and oil light came on, had car less than 6months and done ~4000miles so not expecting it. Checked dipstick and level looked just below half. Topped up with ~0.5litres and now level is just above max.:banghead:

Does this seem correct? Manual says engine takes ~3.7 litres of oil so if I used 0.5 litres (which I obviously have not since over max now) then I still have 86% of oil in car.

If I understood right, you checked oil level on a warmed up car? If that's the case, the reading was surely not correct. You should leave the car to cool off and oil inside the engine settles. Then you can get a correct reading. So maybe, you were really low on oil.