Oil Level

metricspaces

Reaction score
Just got an oil change done on my Audi A5 2.0 TDi....should the oil level be at the max point?

It's my first time with an electronic oil level. As displayed on the dash. I can't remember whether it was at max before I got the oil change done.

I gave the mechanic 5 litres of oil. He said it only takes 4.7 litres. So gave me back the left over. But why is my oil level not at max?

It might be, the MMI gauge is far from accurate. Would keep my eye on it. Wait till the engine is warm and you are on flat ground and check it a few times. Might read as full then.

Otherwise you can get yourself a dipstick and do it the old fashion way...(i.e. the way that actually works...!)

Reactions: xpoweruk
That's spooky, I literally fitted my new dipstick an hour ago for exactly this reason.

MMI is OK to let you know if you are running low but not accurate enough when filling it IMO.

£10 posted off parts request so no brainer for me.

Better to run slightly low on oil than over fill, so I wouldn't worry.

Must admit I always do my own oil changes as hate the thought of sucking the cr-p back up through the engine, old school I know but that's my OCD coming out again. :readit:

Thanks guys. I'll get myself a dipstick and see.

I only have the car a few months, but I'm pretty sure when I checked the oil on the MMI anytime before the oil change it was at the max level.

Just to confirm. Does the 2.0 TDi take 4.7 litres?

audi_a5_oil_level.jpg

This is my oil level after service...

What are the part numbers for the dipstick parts required for a 2011 A5 3.0TDi Quattro please ...and apologies if this has been discussed before - please point me to the right discussion thread.........TIA

Hi mate,

059 115 611 AB

Look on parts request and you'll see my order.

£10 delivered from Mike.

Trickiest bit was removing the old bung!

Hi, does anyone know the part no. of a dipstick to suit a face lift 2012 A5 Sportback 3.0 TDI? I've bought the 059 115 611 AB one and it's too long. After searching google i'm none the wiser, only that on the Q5 it's nearer 19.5" long using 06E 115 611 H. I think it's to do with a shorter dipstick tube.

I called my local Audi Dealer and asked them to provide me with the parts to fit a dipstick to my 2011 3.0TDi Quattro A5 BE, and they came back and said, its not fitted at original build and therefore will not provide the relevant part number or parts to me....

be@st and Swanny365 have both ordered 059 115 611 AB - one seems to fit, the other does not.....so can someone confirm correct part number....TIA

a5 2.0 tdi takes full 5 litres of oil.

So I needed to do an oil change and got back to looking for the right dipstick again.

Thank you desertstorm for posting that link, from it I was able to discover that a 2010 Q7 3.0TDI uses the same dipstick tube as my 2012 A5 which lead me on to the part number for the dipstick being 059 115 611 AM. However after thinking I'd cracked it, turns out it's still too long by 25mm. So I'm giving up, I can use this one accounting for the 25mm off.

As I physically bought 3 dipsticks I can tell you the actual lengths from the bottom of the handle to tips are as follows:

06E 115 611 H - 445mm (6 cylinder 3.0 petrol engine - SQ5 USA)
059 115 611 AM - 515mm
059 115 611 AB - 545mm

There is other options with similar part numbers:
059 115 611 AA
059 115 611 Q
So if anyone has any knowledge of these it'd be useful.

Basically need a dipstick 490mm in length…

I think if the top of your dipstick tube has the top mounting bolt almost level with it then 059 115 611 AB is NOT the correct dipstick for the car