Oil level warning light/oil pressure problem

OleNorway

Reaction score
I was out having fun at an ice-track today and all of a sudden i get a red oil level warning light. I check the oil level and i re-fill what ever amount is needed( about 0.8 liters).

I start the car again and after about 5-10 seconds the light comes back on again.. i then run a quick fault scan and i have permanent fault code P164D. You can also hear a tiny bit of noise coming from the valves or something because of the loss in pressure so i am pretty sure that it is not just a bad oil pressure sensor..

Could anyone give some advise or tips? Bad oil pump or just old stuff from the oil sump clogging up something?

Oil strainer might be clogged up in the sump, don't start till investigated

Oil strainer might be clogged up in the sump, don't start till investigated

I see. Forgot to mention that it is a 1.8TFSI(engine code CDAA)

So thats a case of just taking off the oil-pan to have a look right?

Yeah drop the sump and look

Will try that when i get the chance on tuesday since i had to leave the car at the track and have to pick it up with a trailer tomorrow....

If the car was on Long Life Servicing in it's early life, then the chances are it's the oil pick up pipe blocked with gloopy oil. Long Life was never a good idea. The fact that you raced it shows up oil pressure problems more than anything else.
When you drop the sump, examine the sticky oil residue inside for metal flakes, if there is then the main bearings may have been wrecked. If there is no metal flakes in the sump, clean the pick up pipe, fit a new filter, refill with fresh oil and engine oil flushing fluid and let it idle for 15mins. Hopefully there will be no more rattles or valves tapping in which case carry out another oil and filter change and should good to drive again. If it still doesn't sound good then the oil pump, crank and shell bearings need removing and checking. Wish you well.