Oil Level Warning Fault

Hedski

Reaction score
Ok, the above has come up with an amber oil symbol and audible beep.

Parked up this morning and all was fine. Jumped into car this evening and warning came on without ignition turning over.

I have read other oil warning threads but none refer to this exact warning message. The engine has been run, no unusual noise or erratic indications.

All help appreciated.

H

There is a sensor at the bottom of the sump.Maybe faulty wiring ,faulty sensor?Scanning would be the way to go first.

Ok, so to be exact the warning is: Oil Level Sensor Defective
Engine is 2.0TFSi AXX, 2005 car with 110k miles, recent thermostat change, FSH inc oil changes.
No oil leak evident, nothing under the car, no unusual noise, level checked and bang on where it was last week just under max.

The wording of the warning pushes me towards a sensor issue and not oil starvation.
All good feedback so far, I'll ring local indy today as he's ex VAG tech himself but I think the wiring or faulty sensor suggestion is on the money. Especially given the warning appeared after 10 hours of car being stationary without turning over.

Garage immediately suggested sensor fail when told of the warning. How much does this sensor normally cost?

I had the same issue on my 2.0tdi B7 A4. Totally different engine I know but same problem. Had the sensor changed and a few months later had the same warning lights, had the wiring changed and all has been good since.

Ah, might get the peeps to check wiring first.....

And now the warning has randomly cleared......

Would that suggest anything specific?

Car went to Audi independent 2 weeks ago. Oil level sensor, sump both changed. Warning cleared but now has come back. It does go away for a few starts if you disconnect the battery. Wondering could it be wiring? Is this an expensive fix?
Fault code:
00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Clean out the connector with some wd40 let it dry and try again, could be a connection or cable issue, or when it gets hot the fault appears from the faulty sensor.