Oil Leaking

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
Have been checking the engine bay of my 2.0 tdi today and there is a large pipe in at the front of the engine in the middle which comes up from the bottom and into the inlet manifold which has the egr bolted onto the side of it. Where the pipe connects it has some kind of retaining clip which I have ensured is fitted correctly but have noticed that oil has been leaking from the connection and has been running down the back of the pipe. Is this normal ? It seems to be only a small amount and not puddles. When I took it apart and reconnected it I noticed that there was oil inside the pipe and there was a rubber seal around the edge, could this need replacing ?

thanks in advance

If it's the pressure side of the turbo then yes it's quite common to see oil leaking from the crappy clips they use to hold the pipes in.

Thanks for your reply, how can I tell if it is from the pressure side of the turbo. Sorry if thats a daft question but these diesels are all new to me ?

:)

It`s the pressure side mate and oil in the pipework is normal as it`s **** poor designed but it can be cured by removing some bits.

Thanks for your reply, what bits do I need to remove ? Also you wouldn't happen to know where the pollen filter is in these cars ?

cheers

Thanks for your reply, what bits do I need to remove ? Also you wouldn't happen to know where the pollen filter is in these cars ?

cheers

left hand side under dash below glove compartment .
plastic cover that slides across to access it