Oil leaking from rocker cover

dirtytrucker

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie here can anybody help me please? i have a 57 plate a6 avant 2.0tdi, there is oil running out of i think, the back of the rocker cover area then down on to the DPF, i thought i was on fire earlier the amount of smoke coming out of the engine bay, i had a new rocker cover fitted 2 days ago but it seems when the car gets up to temp the oil seems to leak badly, any sudgestions on how to sort this please would be much appreciated.

Did you fit a new rocker cover or a new rocker cover gasket?

Hi and thanks for the reply, sorry i had a new gasket fitted, but on closer inspection yesterday it looks as though the rocker cover has warped out slightly by the where the wiring harness goes into the engine, as though there is pressure pushing it out, are there any pipes that could block up in the head area that would cause this to happen?

I'm not to clued up on the A6's just yet as I've just sold my S4 and got the A6. Could it maybe be where someone has used something to lever the cover off which has made it look warped. You should be able to get a 2nd rocker cover easy enough.