Oil leak

Mohammad-997

Reaction score
Hi i have noticed having some sort of leak around here which i have circled. What could that be?

Attachments

• 89240F30-C992-43E6-B4CF-E4F9530BAF1E.jpeg
    89240F30-C992-43E6-B4CF-E4F9530BAF1E.jpeg
    526.7 KB · Views: 123
I don’t think it is, I was wrong.

From your pic though I can’t really see any leak, just a build up of muck.

Give it all a good clean and check regularly to see if you can identify the culprit.

Give it all a good clean and check regularly to see if you can identify the culprit.
Alright ill try that and see but i also want to know what part that is as im not too sure myself

Ive took a much clear picture at to what i was on about.

Attachments

• F31DDD1B-9CEE-4126-8078-BC7D43930E8B.jpeg
    F31DDD1B-9CEE-4126-8078-BC7D43930E8B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
The round plug is for the injection system and glow plugs.

The silver bit in front of it is the tandem pump. Check all around that for leaks. Iirc to the rear of there is a temp sensor. A tiny amount of coolant may be spraying out, attracting the dirt.

The round plug is for the injection system and glow plugs.

The silver bit in front of it is the tandem pump. Check all around that for leaks. Iirc to the rear of there is a temp sensor. A tiny amount of coolant may be spraying out, attracting the dirt.
I will have a look, i know i have a coolant leak as i have to keep topping up my coolant every few weeks. How would i stop the leak if it is around that plug?

No they’re not a lot. Can’t remember how much I paid £20-30 I think.

No they’re not a lot. Can’t remember how much I paid £20-30 I think.
Oh whats the part called ill look it up. Also ive just found another leak around here its next to the egr

Attachments

• 745EBB32-2A33-4EDA-A4E2-ED04CA50F6E5.jpeg
    745EBB32-2A33-4EDA-A4E2-ED04CA50F6E5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Pressure test the coolant system before condemning anything then you'll find the right leaking item as they dont really leak from the senders on the bkd, there's 2, 1 dead center front hidden & 1 on that right side, egr can leak aswell as gearbox cooler, so best to be sure.

Usually internally on these tbh bud, I had a very minor issue on my old sportback & upgraded to amc, fixed some tiny slower startups due to minor internal leakage & coolant drops, annoyingly my 3dr does the same, so that's got to be done also.

I only say that cause on mine I had no external sign of a leak, no symptoms of a porous head but was losing coolant.

The only thing I could put it down to was the head or egr cooler. It ran fine right up until I got rid of it, just used coolant.

Reactions: NHN
I only say that cause on mine I had no external sign of a leak, no symptoms of a porous head but was losing coolant.

The only thing I could put it down to was the head or egr cooler. It ran fine right up until I got rid of it, just used coolant.

Exactly the same as mine & audi know of the issue but wont do squat.

Depending on the age possibly a porous cylinder head too?
Its a 06 plate but it is a C revision i heard they relsoved the issues on them? Also ive found that my radiator is leaking, i need to replace the heater matrix too and a pipe which i forgot what its called but its behind the engine and coolant leaks out of it.

Its a 06 plate but it is a C revision i heard they relsoved the issues on them? Also ive found that my radiator is leaking, i need to replace the heater matrix too and a pipe which i forgot what its called but its behind the engine and coolant leaks out of it.

Urmmm you didnt think to mention these to us initially mate or only just found the faults?

By the sounds of it you have found your leaks. I wouldn’t worry about the other stuff.