Oil leak!!

Daz4311

Reaction score
Got up yesterday to move my car for work...upon backing out of garage I noticed some oil on the ground. .****** oil leak..now im not very good with cars so need a bit of help..my car is a 2.0t sline petrol and it looks like the oil is coming from what I think is the oil filter...it is a black plastic round cover on the right side of the engine below were the dipstick is about half way down the engine??? Ive got no good audi garages near me so nearest is awesome gti which are bout30 miles away so would have to leave car with them until it is fixed...so really worried about size of bill as to be honest im really skint at the moment. .any help would be appreciated

Post a picture of where you think the leak is coming from, without seeing it it's difficult to help.
If it the the oil filter cover it could be as easy as changing the seal a 2 minute job.

20130309 082458hope this works

Leak I think is coming from the rear of tbe black round plastic cover...I think

It looks like the oil filter housing ,it's slightly different to my diesel someone with the same car will confirm. :).
There is a oil seal ring that could be leaking, that's where I would start, if it's anywhere near service time do the oil and filter at the same time.

Cheers hopefully someone with a petrol can give me a definate answer. ..need to still get about but not sure how quickly its losing the oil...ill have to get it booked into awesome gti and get it looked at and serviced as its due in about 8 weeks anyway..pity awesome are about 30 miles from me so ill have to leave car with them till its done

Hi I have a petrol 2.0T FSI Quattro with similar oil leak from the filter housing. My Solihull Audi dealer asked for me to have my engine jet washed somewhere else first before servicing as the leak is quite large (oil level ok luckily).

Are you close to Stoke - Audi there are great?

Also here's a post about changing the oil, which does show the components & their locations -

Audi A4 B7 2.0T Oil Change | Audiction

Good luck, Alistair

Last edited: