Oil leak clean up

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,

So a seal went on a long drive on the weekend which led to a lot of oil dripping down and then splattering on the whole underside of the car as it was during a motorway drive. I have washed the car today as it went everywhere, but it needs another wash as it all didn't come off.

What is the best way to clean the underside of the car as just using a jet wash won't do anything?

Cheers

Hi,

So a seal went on a long drive on the weekend which led to a lot of oil dripping down and then splattering on the whole underside of the car as it was during a motorway drive. I have washed the car today as it went everywhere, but it needs another wash as it all didn't come off.

What is the best way to clean the underside of the car as just using a jet wash won't do anything?

Cheers

Maybe try something like Auto finesse Eradicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: c_tahoe
Try some apc, citrus degreaser or even fairy liquid and a stiff brush. Oil leaks are a pain to cleanup but most should have been caught by the undertray so start by cleaning that. The tray has lots of bumps and crevices so any fluid leaked on it will have plenty of places to go. If you don’t remove tray and clean it could drip for ages.
Other option is steam clean it but would be careful around electronics.

Reactions: c_tahoe and 8YARWY
Brake cleaner will disolve the oil almost immediately, then jet wash with snow foam or something to clean of residual, its what I do.

Reactions: c_tahoe