oil leak and oil/filter change

scott13

Reaction score
have discovered a leak from the oil filter area do you think this is likely to just be a bad seal in the filter?.. also i want to do a oil/filter change but have never done this before, do you guys think this is an easy job for a novice?

cheers
Scott

very easy
and theres a few guides around

yes mate i know how to do it just never been brave enough to attempt it ;)

the bit that bothers me most is jacking the car up and putting on axle stands...

Try and get someone with a pit, ramps or a lift if you can, audis are pretty low slung cars and even with a jack and stands its pretty tight under there!! It is on my S3 anyway. It will make your life a whole load easier!!

nyone with any of those..so is it to hard just to do it on axle stands?

A pavement kerb for one side and a breeze block for each of the other two wheels with two bricks to get up on the blocks, cheap from B&Q:)

A pavement kerb for one side and a breeze block for each of the other two wheels with two bricks to get up on the blocks, cheap from B&Q:)

Oil change, pikey style :), lmao.

Hey don't knock it. Easier than arsing about with axle stands and a jack. Beware though, there is ALWAYS an old neighbor who comes up to ask you what your doing:)

Go for it mate. get wired in there.
everyone has to start somewhere and that is one of the easier jobs to do......IF it all goes well... ;)
From your profile pic your drive looks pretty steep, maybe want to use the road or somewhere level for stability when it is jacked up. or you could get a set of ramps pretty cheap out of halfords.
Top tip - Get yourself a kitchen washing up basin (don't nick it off your mam / missus!) and use that to catch the oil draining from the sump plug. nice big opening to catch it all in and you can decant into a drain bottle or whatever later for disposal.