Oil issue.....any suggestions?

tspar

Reaction score
My S3 seems to be using a lot of oil. The zausts are thick black with soot and i wondered if there is an easy tweak to fix this or is it just a trait of turbo cars. I never once had to put oil in my R32 in five years of ownership yet i was scooting down the A1 last weekend and the "You havent got much oil left" light came on !!. Luckily i had a litre loafing in the boot which sorted me out :ohmy:

Unless it's any more than 1 litre per 1000 miles VAG deem it to be acceptable.

It can be to do with how the previous owner bedded the engine in , if it's no more than above i wouldn't worry

Funny I was going to ask how much oil does S3's use on average, as my new one has used a bit of oil in its first 1500 miles, well not a litre, but was surprised it used any, thinking my RX8 was bad, it is about the same :( if it carries on gonna have to buy oil in bulk saves a fortune

my 57 reg has never used a single drop !

Many thanks for that. I think it may be more to do with Audi Hull not doing a proper service before putting it up for sale as "Used approved" to be honest as it shouldn't have run out after 5 months I wouldn't of thought.
I shall keep an eye on it. Thanks again for your input Mark.

Cheers
Tim

Unless it's any more than 1 litre per 1000 miles VAG deem it to be acceptable.

It can be to do with how the previous owner bedded the engine in , if it's no more than above i wouldn't worry