oil in DV - 1.8t aum

Markeyboy

Fan of the R-Tech!
Reaction score
i was changing my bosch dv for a forge unit today and noticed some oil in the dv and associated pipework, and some oil in the pipework from the I/C to the inlet manifold

i can only assume this is a bad thing, but the car still drives fine and does not smoke

could this be the start of a knackered turbo?

not too sure about oil in the DV but there should be oil in the pipes because burn oil is ventedback into the turbo intake pipe and then back around the whole system so there will be oil residue around the system, to stop this most people install an oil catch can to catch the oil vapor and stop it clogging the pipework, there is a guide in the stickies on how to do this

Dont worry dude its not the end of your turbo, maybe a few perishing pipes causing more of a build up. As danny said you could intall a catch can. I had same thing on my 007p but since fixing the vac pipe at the front of the engine its not nearly as bad as it was.

cheers for that, i must admit when i saw it i did think i was doomed lol

time to look into a catch tank

oil breather system vents into the TIP which then blows around your charge pipework, and the DV will vent this

pull your charge pipe off your throttle body.. see if there's excessive oil dripping out.. if there is, wipe it off, run it about for a day and recheck to see if its back dripping again.. If not, its likely just the normal oil fume condensing around the system. If it is.. you have issues

oil breather system vents into the TIP which then blows around your charge pipework, and the DV will vent this

pull your charge pipe off your throttle body.. see if there's excessive oil dripping out.. if there is, wipe it off, run it about for a day and recheck to see if its back dripping again.. If not, its likely just the normal oil fume condensing around the system. If it is.. you have issues

ok ill give that a ckeck tomorow, cheers

iv been having a look at it again today, the breather hoses undet thr inlet manifold all look in a pretty poor state, with oil pretty much everywhere
think i am going to install a catch tank and do away with the pcv and suction jet pump

found this guid on how to do it
1.8 t pcv simplification