Oil in 400 miles

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Can l just top the car's oil up, so it removes this spanner and the counting down of miles or do l need to pay Audi £200 bucks to change the oil

Depends how many miles you have done. The servicing of the car does require an oil 'change' rather than just a top up and the spanner symbol indicates that a service is due.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Bristle Hound
Depends how many miles you have done. The servicing of the car does require an oil 'change' rather than just a top up and the spanner symbol indicates that a service is due.

9000 miles

Reactions: Rob2k68
Should not have spent so much of detailing gear.....lol

.............yeah that, and too many trips to the hairdressers..................!! :whistle2:

Reactions: Blackwhite, WarwickL, Rob2k68 and 3 others
.............yeah that, and too many trips to the hairdressers..................!! :whistle2:
Lmao, you guys leave poor jassy alone:) x

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 3 others
I might have paid for your oil change ....if you taught me how to do Gif's...lol
giphy.gif

Reactions: steeve, Daveotto, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Yeah don't take it here .....

giphy.gif

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Jassyo06

I am actually grudgingly not wanting to pay another penny extra to my car oil change etc....but if it needs serviced so be it,a could be doin with a good servicing meself lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
I am actually grudgingly not wanting to pay another penny extra to my car oil change etc....but if it needs serviced so be it,a could be doin with a good servicing meself lol

I get what you mean mate.....................on both counts!! lol

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
9000 miles
My current A3 came up and said it needed it's first service at 15 months old and 18,150 miles. Is your car set for Variable or Normal service.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Got my car set up to do an oil change every 12 months rather than mileage..
Same here, but only coz I do less then 9000 miles per year :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Same here, but only coz I do less then 9000 miles per year :thumbs up:
Same reason as above but also I think like others on Asn 'long life service' is only to keep fleet owners costs down..
It is very bad practice to keep your engine running on oil that could be up to 2 years old!
The engine on my 8p A3 went 'pop' I think due to sh**ty old oil..:blahblah1:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
My current A3 came up and said it needed it's first service at 15 months old and 18,150 miles. Is your car set for Variable or Normal service.

I really don't know what it was or why it was set for this,will book it in first weekend in February Saturday morning suits me...

I really don't know what it was or why it was set for this,will book it in first weekend in February Saturday morning suits me...
I think they are set 'long life' service from factory??

Mine set to long life when I picked up the car and changed in front of me during the handover. I was left with the impression I could just change it again if I wanted!

Mine is due in 3600 miles, I'll have done 15k at that time... this will be my first service. The next service will be 4K after that, at 19k

Don't make sense to me Jassy...

Mine is due in 3600 miles, I'll have done 15k at that time... this will be my first service. The next service will be 4K after that, at 19k

Me neither mate....Will get a slight discount on the service...but l see it as a waste of money, as l am going to push the button on another car shortly afterwards????

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
What are you going for?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Are you leaving the A3 scene jassy?
giphy.gif
:crying:

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Simon L and Jassyo06

That means you are on Variable Service and your first service will be at around 18k similar to mine. The next service should be due around 36k. If you're on Variable Service there is no service required at a particular mileage other than to change the s-tronic oil (if you have a 6-speed s-tronic) and this is due at 40k. In my case I will have that done around 36-38k with my next service.

That means you are on Variable Service and your first service will be at around 18k similar to mine. The next service should be due around 36k. If you're on Variable Service there is no service required at a particular mileage other than to change the s-tronic oil (if you have a 6-speed s-tronic) and this is due at 40k. In my case I will have that done around 36-38k with my next service.
Yeah, well I guess so...
S-Tronic due at 42k I think I read... but car will be someone else's by then