Oil change (probably not the usual question)

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

Planning on giving my a3 an oil change this weekend along with fuel and air filter (pollen filter will be done but there were none in stock). I did this myself on my last car (golf mk4) about every 6k and i'm going to continue with that with the a3.

I have ordered a Haynes manual for it but it won't be here for the weekend. The main reason I want this is just for the location of filters etc, to be honest if I looked I would probably see them but I just haven't had much time to look since I got it.

As i'm bored at work I thought I would call upon the experience of forum members ha ha Does anyone have any links to DIY guides or pdf's showing locations of filters etc

Thanks

Justin

If you've done it on your golf you be able to just open the bonnet you'll see the filters mate :)

Cheers for the reply bud! Ye I probably should just look, but sitting at work bored, being able to see the car out of the window and not touch it (is that wrong? :/), I felt compelled to ask! ha ha

ok fuel filter by the left wing (as you look at car) and oil filter in front of engine (upside down) behind rads.

gen.heinz.guderion - So I'll need to be underneath the car to change the filter as opposed to standing up facing the engine like the golf ye?

mike170 - cheers for that mate, i'll have a proper look when i'm home

gen.heinz.guderion - So I'll need to be underneath the car to change the filter as opposed to standing up facing the engine like the golf ye?

mike170 - cheers for that mate, i'll have a proper look when i'm home

No the oil filter is changed while standing. take the engine cover off and you will see it

here is the location:

oil4.jpg

Ah just like the golf then, awesome! thanks very much