Oil change or service?

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
I did post this question in AVS Servicing thread but no one seems to look in there :)

Ok I've got an oil change flash up in 800 miles but the 2nd service (35k) is not due for 2500 miles (variable).

My question is should I just bite the bullet and get the service done in 800 miles or should I not bother getting the oil done until the service is due?

Just thinking is there much point in getting the oil changed if in another month or two the car will need it's service?

Sounds like they didnt set your service indicators up right, isnt it at 40k not 35?

Nah wait, make sure warranty is valid if service is done in 2.5k, if is then do then given the small number of miles, no point paying twice for oil unless its sounding/running like a dog.

Yours was done early then in 1st place, but should be at 36876 which is 20k, personally mate get your hands wet at 10k if you want & do the oil/filter yourself, its a doddle & helps to maintain the engine better.

I'm probably out of step here with everyone else but ideally you want to put a good synthetic oil in there every 12 months, 12k miles and just use the variable service for plugs and the rest. that long life castrol Audi use is not very good if you want to keep your engine clean and gunge free. Depends on whether you plan to keep the car for any length of time.