Oil change on the S3

slinemfc

I changed the oil this week on my S3 as an in between service freshen up. Filter too for that matter
A question to those of you who have also done this, do you reset the oil service in the MMI or leave it for the actual service?
I haven't played about with the spark plugs for now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

RichardT

I thought that only Audi can reset the service interval.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
I change my oil every 6k in between the Audi services so never had to perform a reset myself but almost certain that you can do this using the SRI reset feature within VCDS.

Spark plug change is pretty straight forward if you have the tools needed - 14mm plug socket, socket extension, torque wrench and 10mm spanner - also feeler gauges are useful to check the gap for piece of mind although most plugs ship with the correct gap pre set. Changed mine twice now so talking from experience should take no more than half hour.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
According to the manual :-

Select MENU button -> CAR -> SYSTEMS -> SERVICING & CHECKS -> SERVICE INTERVALS -> RESET OIL CHANGE INTERVAL.

allanmb

I change my oil every 6k in between the Audi services so never had to perform a reset myself but almost certain that you can do this using the SRI reset feature within VCDS.

Spark plug change is pretty straight forward if you have the tools needed - 14mm plug socket, socket extension, torque wrench and 10mm spanner - also feeler gauges are useful to check the gap for piece of mind although most plugs ship with the correct gap pre set. Changed mine twice now so talking from experience should take no more than half hour.

Out of interest, what spark plugs did you put in?

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User

allanmb

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Did you notice any difference in perf from the originals?

Could be the 'mod placebo effect' but it seemed more free revving. With a remap on the car most companies that produce the tune Revo, APR etc, recommend changing to a 1 step cooler plug.