Oil Change/Inspection/MOT Time

Vale46

Reaction score
Hi all.

The dreaded oil change light has just come on my 2014 S3 and is advising it is required in 25 days.

Looking in the menus on the MMS, I can also see that the Inspection Service is due in 75 days – tallying up with it being 3-years after its first registration.

I have called Audi and asked whether they would/could do both at the same time, to which they said they could for a total cost of £365 including an air con service (as the system is starting to smell like a wet dog, and I was advised that a re-gas and deodorize would sort).

I just wanted to check whether or not I was being taken for a mug – Does the Inspection Service encompass an oil service, or are they two completely different things (and should be charged separately)?

Given that the first available appointment they can give me is 8th August, and that the car’s first MOT is due on 14th September, do you think it would it be worth me getting the first MOT done at the same time by Audi? I guess I might I be able to ask for a 13 month MOT if such things still exist?

Would really appreciate anyone’s recommendations/thoughts/input.

Cheers

James

I paid £360 as part of a service plan, which includes two services (one major and one minor/interim service).
I then paid £79 for brake fluid change and aircon service/regas.

Brakes fluid needs changing at the 3 year mark. So if your quote includes brake fluid change...I would say it's an OK price. It's not a bargain but you're by no means overpaying.

On the Audi website the standard service prices are:
Interim £164
Major £319

If you want to reduce the cost as much as possible, supply your own bits (such as oil, filters etc...). Personally I have never bothered but others on here have done so (as long as they're Audi approved bits).

Yes you can do a up to 13 month MOT still so you would need to be 14th August at the earliest & the advantage of doing it under the 3 yrs is the warranty is still in place for any issues (touch wood none for you!). £365 doesn't sound too bad for the service either.

i think 13 month MOT does exist still but don't quote me on it. I was in a similar position over xmas. I got my 1st MOT, oil change, inspection, pollen filter & brake fluid change done for £430 by Taunton Audi. i was happy ish with that considering that mine is a diesel and it means i won't have to pay that price for another 18k miles. Brake fluid is £59 as per Audi fixed servicing prices and MOT was £50.

Inspection vs Oil change vs service! great question! massive can of worms! have a search on this forum but i still don't think anyone really knows what they all mean!