Oil change...how much

WOLF

Reaction score
Doing an old change at the weekend so how much oil does my 2002 audi A4 b6 Se avant 1.9tdi 130bhp take?
I have no handbook for reference.

cheers

Depends how much u get of ur old oil u get out. Once empty from the pan,there is still some oil in the oil filter housing! I got one of those oil sypher suckers of ebay,with that being done throw 3 n half litres down,use dip stick to see where ur at.
Once u think ur there,go for a 10min drive,then check again,top up as rrquired :)

Reactions: WOLF
Depends how much u get of ur old oil u get out. Once empty from the pan,there is still some oil in the oil filter housing! I got one of those oil sypher suckers of ebay,with that being done throw 3 n half litres down,use dip stick to see where ur at.
Once u think ur there,go for a 10min drive,then check again,top up as rrquired :)

Yeh done vw's before with tissue on a stick to clear housing,cheers for the info mate.

Just one more Q,what is the oil viscosity spec for my car?

Well for the v6 that is the correct spec, but my older TDi also runs fine on it, and I change to every 5K miles.

Well for the v6 that is the correct spec, but my older TDi also runs fine on it, and I change to every 5K miles.

If the oil meets the spec requirements for an engine it's good to go. Halfords or that shell tak.

Yeh it was the 5w30 bit i was after,i always use synthetic so might go for magnatec.