Oil Catch Can mini group buy anyone? including PCV system simplification.

thought i would post up my custom made catch can pipe was £10 the 2 elbows were £5 and the t piece was £3 and the can was free.

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

some people may not like it because it looks cheap although it does the same job as a normal catch can the reason for the clear hoses broke up all the black in the engine bay also can see in the pics all the stuff that would have been going back in the engine.

Reactions: S3Lol
cheers m8 told ya i would have something different to every one else lol was looking round in the house for things to use then spotted the proyien shaker measured the mouth piece and boo yeh 19mm just drilled another 19mm hole in the rear for the other hose and all done well apart form forgeting to put the 1 way valve right way round at first lol

Bit of a thread revival but is anyone interested in starting a new group buy for this can, as I bought a cheap ebay jobbie, not happy with it, and want something that looks and performs well. Let me know if anyone else is up for it.

interesting. If there is some interest I will go back to the guy with some rough costs. Any idea what the costs were last time? I suppose they are in this thread somewhere. Will take a look

I am very interested I have all the 19mm hose and S3daves stainless T piece and 90' bends just need the tank let me know how you get on S3Lol.

Thanks, Chris.

Hmmm, I did my catch tank different to you lot. I mounted it on the corner of the batter cover,like this:

658b1c16.jpg

Seemed alot more logical doing it this way, only took about 20mins too

Last edited:
Hmmm, I did my catch tank different to you lot. I mounted it on the corner of the batter cover,like this:

658b1c16.jpg

Seemed alot more logical doing it that was, only took about 20mins too

How come you still got the hokey puk sports

That's if your hockey puck still works correctly! All the ones I've seen have blown both ways! Anyway sod venting all that crap back into you're TIP.

Well I don't think it's meant to work like a oneway valve, they just maintain a pressure. So I think they will blow down both ways, that or I'm wrong, and mine is broken. Mine hasn't pulled anything into the vary an really, been on there a couple months. But yeah, think il just get a filter on there at some point

would be interested pending on cost...

$95 each inc. Shipping to my address at the moment. Will need to see how much it will cost me to ship on. Probably about £4 each? Asked for a price on 10 to see if we can get that many takers first.

Yeah thats a good price maybe if there is a few of us they may drop the price.

Count me in (depending on price)!... and thanks to all involved for all the hard work to make this happen! :icon_thumright:

Slightly off topic here but does anyone have a part number for the hose that goes to the hockey puck in this picture (with the two brackets attached)? Mine's cracked and the diagrams Audi have are of a completely different look/design!

IMG_0120.jpg

Thanks

Slightly off topic here but does anyone have a part number for the hose that goes to the hockey puck in this picture (with the two brackets attached)? Mine's cracked and the diagrams Audi have are of a completely different look/design!

IMG_0120.jpg

Thanks

Your cracked hose should have a part number on it mate.

right, been doing some investigating on duty and VAT. From the calculations I have made, should come out at around £75 delivered per can. That includes VAT and duty. Wish I had done this before buying the Ebay crap. I will start a new post I think so others know what we are doing, without having to read through 20 pages.

So that pipe going back to the TIP would go into the wing hole or sumink?

*holy thread revival batman!*

You can put a filter on the outlet of the can, but might make the inside smell of oil or I think most people run a length of pipe from the can to the back of the car venting out the back.

Reactions: Westy