Oil catch Can Install 8.5?

Darren McDonnell

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a catch can on the Crec version. It looks like there is only one vent from the rocker cover on the right (bank 2). is this correct.

Cheers

I fitted a catch can kit from ECS Tuning USA. Very expensive but it catches a fare amount of creamy black goop that would have probably stuck to the valves. This would need walnut blasted off at some point so it was cheaper than getting that done. Of course I've never seen the valves so can't say 100% they still won't need done at some point but I believe it has to help.

Mine is a B8.5 but the engine before CREC.

Was very easy to fit with OEM plugs and fixings. Really was plug and play. The stuff it catches is really pretty yucky.

My setup has 2 inputs. One back right the other is in front of the throttle body at the back left.

Reactions: Darren McDonnell
Cheers I have a baffled catch can but just wanted to see if i was being a **** not being able to find the left hand Vent.

I will have another look but am sure it only has one vent on Bank 2 (right)

Sorted just found the PDF and It is only vented through one side, Which is nice as it should make the gab easier to install my own version.

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR