Oil capacity and recommendations

MarkWizard

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All

Got the 2.7 TDi (BPP code) engine. Getting conflicting answers on how much oil I need for an oil and filter change. Plus what oil are people using?

Thanks

Mark.

According to this site http://oil-change.info/audi-a4-2007-engine-oil-capacity/
my CAPA 3.0 V6 TDI uses 6.9L of oil, in my experience it's more like 7.5L, but I do it old school and remove the sump plug plus drain all the oil possible from the filter housing.
The BPP engine seems to have a capacity of 8.2L which I wouldn't have thought would be too far off.
http://oil-change.info/audi-a6-engine-oil-capacity/
I use Quantum long life 3 in my car. It's running 300+bhp so I am interested in getting some good oil in there. The advantage of Quantum unlike some other oils is that it comes in 5L tubs, most Castrol products are 4L.
Quantum LL3 is made by Castrol for VAG .
I buy my oil off Fleabay from Cardiff Audi, A main Audi dealer. Works out at £51.50 for 10L delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quantum-L...467810?hash=item280a1e9362:g:zt0AAOSwtlhWFn~x

Karl.

Reactions: MarkWizard
Also use Quantum LL 3, but get it from TPS, always buy toward the end of the month as they usually have offers on, I get 5 litres for around £18, but you have to buy 20 litres of the stuff otherwise you don't get the discount.

Reactions: MarkWizard and Gazwould
How do you manage to buy from TPS direct as I thought they only deal with the trade!!

Some counters are trade, but a lot of them will deal with the general public. However if you ask for a bolt that is somewhere in the engine bay just under the thingamabob then you will most likely be told to get stuffed!

I think it depends to some extent on the branch and also what you want. If it's something like 20L of oil they have on site and you don't mess them around then I don't think there is an issue.
If you turn up not knowing what you want or make their life hard they are less likely to serve you.
If there is one local to you go in and ask, they can only say No.

My CANA 2.7 TDI engine takes 8.2L.
I always use Castrol Edge FST 5w30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil (VW 504 00/ 507 00)
I get it from Halfords.
Change my oil and filter every 12 months, which in my case is only 2,000 miles.
Don't forget a new washer for the sump plug.

My CANA 2.7 TDI engine takes 8.2L.
I always use Castrol Edge FST 5w30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil (VW 504 00/ 507 00)
I get it from Halfords.
Change my oil and filter every 12 months, which in my case is only 2,000 miles.
Don't forget a new washer for the sump plug.

Hope you've got a Halfords trade card , 4L of that Castrol Edge is £46.99 and you need 3 of them
icon_e_surprised.gif

Reactions: RoyC
Probably best after they have stuck a dirty temperature probe down the dipstick .

I'll try to find out the price with TC discount .

Probably best after they have stuck a dirty temperature probe down the dipstick .

I'll try to find out the price with TC discount .

I have just looked out my Halfords receipt (12-3-15) .
Should have been £92-76
Paid £82-46
Saving of £10-30

I guess that's for 2 of them and you had a bit left at home to make up the rest ?

So £82.46 for 8 L .