Help Please Oil (B8 2.0 TDi)

NyB8

Reaction score
I'm looking to do an oil change, I normally use Mobil, but on checking the price yesterday via ECP, I'm sure the price has shot up considerably since I last bought some. So I thought I would have a look on Amazon, I am considering one or the other.

Amazon product

or

Amazon product

Am I missing something here, the price for the above seems too good to be true?

If you look at the pic of the rear of the Shell bottle and zoom over it, it says its only VW 502.00 / 505.00, NOT 507.00 which is what you need. Even the seller says in an answer to a question...."Label shows ACEA A3/B4 and has the approvals 502.00-505.00, DOES NOT SHOW 504/507.00..."

So avoid the Shell stuff or find different Shell branded stuff that meets 507.00

You can always go for Quantum oil which is a VW / Audi Brand and is really just Castrol Edge bottled & badged under the VW / Audi brand name of Quantum.

Quantum does meet 507.00 which is needed to prevent DPF damage. Only £22.99! Bargain!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quantum-L...379933&hash=item33ca9ba629:g:eBMAAOSwdGFYzM1Y

Reactions: ruairi83 and mister.c.
Check with your local TPS, they may have offer on the Quantum Longlife III 5 -30 , can be good value when it is, even better price at case of 4 x 5L

Castrol did produce it in Gent , Belgium but now Fuchs has the contract and made in the UK .

Reactions: Mario
Lots of fake oil on Ebay and Amazon. I would not put it in my lawnmower.