Oil analysis

Dippy

Reaction score
I decided to get one done on my 2015 S5 sportback factory oil before it gets changed next month. The car is 11 months old has done 4,200 miles since new. Has anyone else had this done? From what I have read, the high aluminium and silicon is not uncommon in the factory oil for an engine that has run-in.
DippysS5oilanalysis1

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Any idea what it actually all means for the current health of your engine?

Well I was hoping for some feedback from people with more knowledge/experience of the subject than I. I believe that it is good and that the high values are expected for factory oil on a new engine. However the proof will come if I get further tests done at each oil change and the values reduce. I believe these UOAs are more use for higher mileage engines but I decided to get it done to give me confidence that my engine is healthy prior to getting it tuned (if that ever happens).

I believe that the alloy used for the engine block is a aluminium with a high proportion of silicon. Therefor it would make sense that following the run in period, there would be a reasonably high amount of block in the oil