Oil advice A6 C5

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the correct oil for my car.
Its an Audi a6 2.7t c5 shape. Its covered 170k and I want to make sure I'm using the correct oil for my cars age and miles and of course the UK climate LOL. I've just got back from Halfords the staff there told me I should use use 5/30 Fully synthetic but I never trust the word of them usually.

Which oil do you good people recommend?

is that the fully synthetic your using? Are you sure this would be good for my mileage?

I use 5-40 semi synthetic from euro car parts for less than £20 with a filter I don't mind doing it every 6 months my car is 2.5tdi and has just turned 127k on 04 plate.

is that the fully synthetic your using? Are you sure this would be good for my mileage?

Never ever ever use a semisynthetic or a mineral in your car. You will get great carbonization and it will clog. I live in Sweden and we have a harder climate then you have and at your mileage I'd use the 5w-40 because it's a better oil. My car has done 100k miles and I'm using the 5w-40 and it's great.

The old saying that the semisynthetic or fully mineral is better for an engine is bs.

I'm satisfied with 5w-40. My engine has 308000 km on the clock.

They recommend 5-30 for your engine and you get a free filter using code HOT30

59717d5df1d46dc09ed6101ff0a79462_zps17930e87.jpg

CHRISTOPHÉ awesome price and a free filter! Just ordered 10 litres with my free filter less than £30, cant thank you enough my friend.

Use a decent quality fully synthetic oil in 5w40 weight if you can and drop it every 6k or yearly, your cams and turbo will thank you for it !