ohhhhh im so excited

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
and no im not refering the crunchie advert....... :respekt: any way next tues/wed i will be getting a PROPER reamp from blue chip as advised from chip and spin on here. i HOPE afetr bin driving for soooooo long on a really bad remap of 10 psi at max im hoping that im going to get more from the proper job!!! told about 14 psi is this coreect on a 1996 audi a4 1.8turbo?? plus they have asked me to write a list of all mods done to car, im assuming taht so they can map the chip to my car?

completly of subject my car has another problem IT WONT START!!! The key turns she trys to start but the yellow imobiliser with the picture of the car an dkey flashes and turns her off. im then left getting very angry while i engage and disengage the steering lock etc to try and get it to start!! is this a common problem any one found how to cure?? told it might be chip inside my key??

It is a common problem try doing a search and see what you can find.

The PSI is about right , and if all is good. It should be around 200bhp ish. If you going with Mark @ chip and spin, you will not be disapointed

You need to drop the steering column panels and push all the connectors in properly, they can work loose. Search Imobiliser on here

Good luck with your power upgrade, dont forget to post here and let us know what you think after the work :)

I had a problem with my immo when I upgraded to flip keys. Turned out the little chip capsule had come loose inside my flip key and was to far away from the ignition when I started the car.

Remounted the little capsule inside the key and all was fine.

guy from blue chip collected my chip today and should be back in my car tuesday!!!!!! woohoo i will let you all know

Just one question.

If you're having all these problems with the oil system...... wouldn't it be better sorting that before a higher power map? Other wise your chip may be wasted money when the extra stresses completely f%^k your engine.

new oil pump, oil feed, and expensive oil. 1 day to go before chip back. then i MIGHT just MIGHT b able to beat my parents car

LOL will i hope all your problems are sorted and now with the map you find your IC has holes in it, and you turbo pops.

Let us know how it all goes.

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! less than a day to go before wooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhh lots of power. anyone with remap to 1.8turbo. quick question do you get a suddden surge of power or is it more of a gentle but more power feel??

That depends on the Map, mine is quite linear. nice and smooth to statr with then punches well as you get on it

god can nothing go simple. chip aint back yet because ive binntold on my car they done TWO types of softwear on the ecu and they struggling to find the right one????????

Have you got a quick run thru of what you did to do the oil pump, like how much did you lift, what pipes and wires did you remove etc etc

YOU JOKING THE CHIPS ARE ALL FAULTY. ANOTHER WEEK NOW!!!!!!!!!! even my car gives people bad luck!!!!!!!!!

all the new chips they got from chipped uk havre damged files on them. i dont believe this

should be new chip weds/thurs this week. Also i asked the chap doing it what psi it should be ive bin told it a 18psi map but does that mean i will get 8psi on my in car gauge or do you guys think ill proberly lose about 4 psi through air intake intercooler etc

I never managed 18 psi on a chipped UK map, it was around 12 max, i think they do more with timing and stuff.
In fact i still only peak at 15 with the K04, and that could run all day at 18

I run Upsolutechip and run 13psi all day with a K03s and spike to 14psi from time to time but 13psi is the norm and that’s running with a FMIC and before that I would see 15psi spikes.

Oh and I only paid £250

Well dont sit around here posting, whack it in and let us know. Make sure you do a TB alignment first tho ok

Throttle Body alignment. All you do is when you connect the ECU first time, switch on the ignition without starting the car, you will hear the car whining and clicking for around 2 mins. When its finished. kick it in the guts !!

CHEEKY GITS!!! No i have you know im at work it be fitted about 6.30 tonight!!!! and since i moved the igniton wire thing car starts every time. and ye i know about ignition for 1st time

he he he. good man, let is know, i am curious about your boost as my CVhipped Uk one isnt as high boost as you have been promised etc

Took mine out lastnight and was seeing spikes of 14.1psi which I was pleased to see quite intrested to see hows yours performs as I my look at Chipped UK for the SP51X fitted K04 I'm going to have built if not GIAC may be seeing my car.

well what can i say. waht aload of ********. I did as you said leaving for couple mins etc then started her. first problem car idles REALLY bad judders then sorts it self out blip throttle it judders and sorts out. but that not best thing OLD chip 10psi cost £50.00 new chip cost £220.00 11psi ???????????? it doesnt feel quicker at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! not impressed at all!!!!!! i dont think given me right remap

You will of course be entitled for your money back so ask for it !!

And get your car health checked and mapped at the same time by someone like MRC tuning.

well yes this i will do. id rarther jsut get my car mapped instead of dosh back!! plus i got 15 psi in 3rd on old chip so i know i havny got leaks any where. im woundering if they put wrong aeb map on car. as told there is 2 versions

mine on a std setup with a chipped uk map saw .8bar, which i think is about the same off the top of my head, i think you are seeing correct figures.

think like this though, you have a known quantity in that you have someone to go back to if something goes wrong, over boosts etc.

before you had a chip, so you won't see a difference performance wise, you've already had a chip, problem is your old chip is of unknown origin and you don't know how good the map is. boost setting is only the half of it, it's making sure you have good fuel mixture and timing to go with it. anyone can turn the boost upto 30 psi, but not safely.