1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Oh no my paint came off

Buxton2901 Jun 30, 2019

1. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

I did a really stupid thing whilst cleaning my baby today. Got too close with the karcher and there must have been a chip in the paint on the tow hook cover and the paint just started coming off. By the time I realized this huge patch had been blasted off

I'm gutted.
    Is the cheapest thing to take this to a paint shop and get them to spray it?

Or does anyone know of a breakers yard maybe that would sell these off the same colour car?

Cheers[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 Black Edition A7 Owner Group

These come in primer from the dealer, you can’t order pre-painted.

There are not many of these in the breakers, but occasionally they appear on eBay.

Alternatively you can take the paint code to the dealer and they can order you a spray can.

Personally I’d rub down with fine wet and dry, give it a plastic undercoat, followed by a couple of topcoat sprays and finished with a clearcoat..

Buxton2901 likes this.
  4. Buxton2901

I'm worried now it will look different to the rest of the bumper

5. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 Black Edition A7 Owner Group

What colour is the car - can’t actually tell from the pics.

The alternative is to take it to a body shop, but they may insist of doing full bumper in order to ensure a colour match. It will also be quite expensive, as they will have to mix the paint to order.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  6. Buxton2901

It's Daytona grey mate
    I might take your advise and try to spray it myself

RAF_S7 likes this.
  7. James.c

James.c Well-Known Member

Ouch that’s unfortunate, pressure washers are ruthless I can’t use one because of my Vinyl wrap on my chrome would be straight off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buxton2901 likes this.