Oh my lord we are stuck on colour, again. Sepang vs Panther HELP!

naughts4187

Reaction score
So my exclusive re-order is going to be a 7 month wait, and to be perfectly honest I'll probably be swapping the car after 18 months anyway, so I am going to go for a normal book colour so I get it by July, and just ramp up the spec.

I'm torn between Sepang and Panther. I'm going black pack, LEDs, silver leather inside, same spec as before.

I've got some BBS CH-R's ready to go on, and they look the dogs with Sepang, however is it TOO blue? I know there's a lot of love for it, however I've just been to see a TTRS in Sepang, peeing down with rain and it still looked really bright. I also really like Panther with it's purple hues, but how often do you see them panther owners?

I popped to GC motors in Harrogate today and they had a Panther RS7 and Sepang TTRS next to each other (lucky!). In the rain, Panther just looked, well... black, but I know it can be a cracking colour when the sun is out.

So I have to decide, as the mrs is going spare with me constantly changing my mind. Can I rely on Team Sepang or Team Panther to show me their cars? (I do realise there are a lot on the forum already).

Thanks in advance!

Colours always personal preference..

You said you like darker colours so perhaps panther would be better for you?

My personal preference is sepang..

Either way both lovely. Sorry but doesn't help your decision :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and naughts4187
Did you not get any photos of them together? I'm obviously biased...

Think this is a guy on here, not sure if it has an instagram filter on it but looks sooo good. Can't wait for mine!! The LED headlights and black pack look so sleek IMO :D

IMG_8783.jpg

Few more here from Audi used site and Google

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

audi-s3-hatchback-petrol-6940006f2df2.jpg

Sorry, not sorry for the Sepang Blue overload :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Your mrs is going spare.... so are the rest of us!!!. Haha.

I parked next to a sepang a5 yesterday and tbh it was a dullish day and mine just looked classier.. but it had black pack and mine has chrome so maybe that helps..
But on a cloudy day when clean it is rather purpley..then when suns out then out come the bronzes/greens etc.. I really love it and cant see me changing to any other colour in future cars.. ;) no help whatsoever but just my tuppence worth. ;)

Uploadfromtaptalk1428856464016

Reactions: Jassyo06 and naughts4187
Black with silver leather would look nice...but I wouldn't 'personally' add the black pack or black windows with black paint! I feel it looks better with the chrome and clear windows.

Not biased at all though!!! :p

Blk

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and naughts4187
Beluga Brown on your S3 would be quite exclusive:thrashi: you won't see many of them around.

I had Panther Black on a B7 Avant and it did look really nice with the chrome roof rails and window surrounds.

So Panther Black has my vote!

Reactions: naughts4187

Think this is a guy on here, not sure if it has an instagram filter on it but looks sooo good. Can't wait for mine!! The LED headlights and black pack look so sleek IMO :D

IMG_8783.jpg

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

I kinda forgot to get a pic of both. The sun is out now so may pop back down and take a peek! That sepang looks incredible I have to admit.

I'm going down to look at both this eve. Then will decide!

Black with silver leather would look nice...but I wouldn't 'personally' add the black pack or black windows with black paint! I feel it looks better with the chrome and clear windows.

Not biased at all though!!! :p

View attachment 56025

I thought that but my dads wife has got a Daytona in exactly the same spec, chrome and privacy so I really want it to look more aggressive your car looks lovely!

Why don't you look at exclusive cars that are in physical stock? You can take them straight away

Also, I was in the same dilemma. I chose sepang. You see millions of black audis, and I would find myself constantly saying 'it's not just black it's black with purple in it'

Join team Sepang

Reactions: DommyR, Vins and naughts4187
Team sepang has caught up with the millions of blacks...from this forum alone.. wonder when will the mods open their own section?!... ha. Tbh i have not seen many blacks at all since being on here. 3 from memory..a3/s3.. panther seems to be rarer yet and on that basis I am going to start a website www.savethepanther.co.uk really are in decline with all these sepangs taking over.. haha

Reactions: Jassyo06, Psyman79 and naughts4187
Why don't you look at exclusive cars that are in physical stock? You can take them straight away
York Audi are only offering a new build. Nice idea though.
Jordan is your Sepang at Harrogate during the week? Would be great to come and have a peek?

Team sepang has caught up with the millions of blacks...from this forum alone.. wonder when will the mods open their own section?!... ha. Tbh i have not seen many blacks at all since being on here. 3 from memory..a3/s3.. panther seems to be rarer yet and on that basis I am going to start a website www.savethepanther.co.uk really are in decline with all these sepangs taking over.. haha

Don't get me wrong, I love Panther, it looks great on S3's, but only people such as ourselves will know the difference between brilliant, mythos and Panther. There are a hell of a lot of black/white/grey audis out there. Sepang is just something a bit different.

Each to their own

Reactions: ice_cube99 and naughts4187
Yeah i was kiddin. Sepang looks great and i do like it but i just loved the black too much. Yeah you are correct about who knows about the colours. People at work said it just looks black.. until i parked next to a vw passat that was just black (dont know names but basic black) and they couldn't believe the difference.

Nearly went misano red but came back to the sepang blue gang :D

Sepang for the S4 too ... ;)

Black cars drive my OCD into overdrive, BUT when they are clean they look fantastic, but it's keeping them clean is the problem :banghead:

I love my sepang S3 so glad I chose it over Misano, I posed this the other night no filter

I love my sepang S3 so glad I chose it over Misano, I posed this the other night no filter, although I did play with the brightness, such a personal decision and only one that you can make #teamSepang

Here's the original

And a dirty shot

Last edited:
Reactions: Brasso
I was going to have Sepang but finally went for Mythos, I know its not panther Black but this photo will give you an idea of black on black.

P1030379 copy
P1030380 copy

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, Zache and 1 other person
That car is hot ,,, need those rims on my car
Cheers...... I was going to change them, but they have grown on me and I really like them now and best of all, that decision has saved me a stack of cash!! Lol

Sepang is..

Wonderful when it's clean
A pain to keep clean
Difficult to clean

anyone else experience this?

I've snow foamed, washed, scrubbed, rinsed and still find dirty in awkward curves and corners. Once you get through all that it's about 2 days worth of looking clean before its dirty again!

IMAG0529
Sepang is a S3 colour,enough said

IMAG0549

Reactions: P D C, Brasso and Bristle Hound
Both look stunning !! Get whichever you like the best and have a Gyeon Quartz MOHS detail to help reduce the cleaning effort dirt and water just doesn't stick.

Reactions: naughts4187 and Jassyo06
That's about 4 days dirt, was in December too. And I drive country roads mainly..So it's not bad at looking good dirty. :)

Both look stunning !! Get whichever you like the best and have a Gyeon Quartz MOHS detail to help reduce the cleaning effort dirt and water just doesn't stick.
That's the kit that my car's getting treated with Rob minted it should be

Reactions: Rob2k68
That's the kit that my car's getting treated with Rob minted it should be

It's worth every penny mate my car is so easy to clean you can literally just wipe fly splat off with a microfibre cloth with no effort or rubbing at all.

Also ask your man about a Durabead top coat. Then for maintainance I'm using Bath+ shampoo and Cure which is a very easy to apply sealant the whole cars done in less than 10 mins. Wetcoat is also supposed to be a good top up but not used that myself as the Cure does a similar job.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks to all who've contributed! I've gone with Sepang....

My reasoning... It's a 3 door hot hatch, so a bright colour ain't so bad after all.
I actually really love Panther black but I think it suits RS6 / RSQ5 better, with bigger smoother panels allowing the paint to really pop. I feel the S3 and all the angles doesn't do the paint justice. Also having seen one today, it just looks black, which I know I won't be overly happy about.

Fingers crossed I can get delivery within 8 weeks, they've got a few A3's on a code 10 which are stock cars.

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Jassyo06, AndyB-S3 and 3 others
Are you sure it will be so quick? I heard there's a worldwide shortage of Sepang from all the S3's being done in that colour :cool:

Reactions: naughts4187, Psyman79 and Jassyo06

IMG_8783.jpg

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

VehicleImage.axd

Thanks to all who've contributed! I've gone with Sepang....

My reasoning... It's a 3 door hot hatch, so a bright colour ain't so bad after all.
I actually really love Panther black but I think it suits RS6 / RSQ5 better, with bigger smoother panels allowing the paint to really pop. I feel the S3 and all the angles doesn't do the paint justice. Also having seen one today, it just looks black, which I know I won't be overly happy about.

Fingers crossed I can get delivery within 8 weeks, they've got a few A3's on a code 10 which are stock cars.

Knew ya would;):thumbs up:,but Naughts l personally dont think Sepang is a light colour mate,pretty dark but then again so is the Scottish weather,hope your car gets here quickly

It's worth every penny mate my car is so easy to clean you can literally just wipe fly splat off with a microfibre cloth with no effort or rubbing at all.

Also ask your man about a Durabead top coat. Then for maintainance I'm using Bath+ shampoo and Cure which is a very easy to apply sealant the whole cars done in less than 10 mins. Wetcoat is also supposed to be a good top up but not used that myself as the Cure does a similar job.

Thanks Rob l will do:)

I'm having swissvax do a new car prep in the dealership, but a Gyeon Quartz looks incredible. How much did you pay and do you know of anyone local to me in North Yorkshire? Cheers

Knew ya would;):thumbs up:,but Naughts l personally dont think Sepang is a light colour mate,pretty dark but then again so is the Scottish weather,hope your car gets here quickly

Haha cheers @jassyo06, your passion for Team Sepang has swung me round! I've gone for the optional silver multi spoke wheels as I have anthracite BBS to go on for summer rims, so will have some variety. My Audi code is ACRTF5TB if you want to have a peek. I had £295 to play with and really struggled to spend it. Choice was either reverse camera, phonebox or add an extra warranty (4 year) so I went for that. Phone box I can't quite work out why it's any better than bluetooth, reverse camera (doesn't it put a funny little block on the underside of the boot handle?).