Oh dear :/

nothingness

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas if you can self-diagnose fault codes for an 8P2 a3?

No signs or symptoms that I can tell other than this :/

10569082_10152537305628864_9126650561034759187_n.jpg

Coilpack

lol only joking,you ideally need a scan to see whats coming up or have you had any work done recently ?

I have this too... Keep me posted on what you find out... I'm hoping it's something inane and cheap...

if you're near Worcester I'll scan it see whats up for nothing.

Reactions: Jonathaan
I live in Cornwall currently unfort but thanks for the offer :)

Is there something I can do to show me the fault code?

Intake Manifold Flaps is a possibility when this light comes, just had this issue on mine.

Scrap that, mines diesel yours is petrol.

Aiden,

How much did it cost you to put the Intake flaps right? And is it an easily DIY-able job? Mine is coming up with a P2108 Unknown code...? However google it and you get suggestions of Intake control flap...

Dan

Its worth pointing out that the light is on, then will randomly go off and also it will sporadically come back on again, I cannot find any common ground on what triggers it or when it comes on/goes off...

Aiden,

How much did it cost you to put the Intake flaps right? And is it an easily DIY-able job? Mine is coming up with a P2108 Unknown code...? However google it and you get suggestions of Intake control flap...

Dan

Hi Dan, from memory I think the flaps were £200 + £60 labour.

Get it scanned with VCDS, it can be many different things. Is there no symptoms at all?

Consequences of not doing it urgently? :s

Thanks Aiden,

Dan

Consequences of not doing it urgently? :s

Thanks Aiden,

Dan

No probs Dan,

If it is that I was told that it could last for months, maybe a year or it could fail at anytime meaning the car was un driveable, no idea how true that is like but there ya go fella.

No symptoms at all here. Light went off after 2 days and has not come on again.

Mine did that when the EGR valve was going - no other symptoms and didn't run any worse than it usually does. Eventually I got the light on full time.

If you lived closer to Manchester I could have used my VCDS.
If you don't have access to VCDS you can get a bluetooth ODB dongle (£5) and buy the Torque Pro app on android phones.
This is a quick and cheap method to scan and clear codes.

Reactions: nothingness
Where in Cornwall are you? I live down on the Lizard with a cable and a copy of VCDS

runner flap delete kit would be a good idea if it is that... :whistle2:

maf loose??

it doesn't always affect how the engine runs if the airbox pipe has popped off, but could still put the light on

Thanks mate, I will take you up on that in a few weeks if any problems persist! I am Bodmin way.