Off to pastures new...

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So the time has come; an end to half a decade in S territory! Very sad to see the old girl go - it's been a fantastic 5 years. Blatted around in the car yesterday on the way to the missus' parents for Sunday dinner - 30minutes of A/B/Dual Carriage way fun. With my next purchase being RWD, it really hit home just how usable the S3 is in all conditions. Wet, very cold roads and foot down from roundabouts/turnings is just not an issue with Quattro kicking in nicely!

Anyway, here she is for anyone that's not seen the ad (not sure this is OK, but it'll be one of my last posts :D);

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/s3/audi-a3-s3-quattro-2002/3141235

Amusingly, when visiting EuroCarParts to return some pads the guy asked me to let him know when it was up for sale as he's seen it around Balham/Tooting on numerous occasions! Sadly it was out of his price range, but could understand my pricing.

...and the new beast that will grace the 3k miles I now do per year (London, Summer on the way, last few years before a wife and kids etc... why not eh?!)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-sold-similar-cars-required-for-stock/2850183

Massive thanks to Tuffty, Welly and Bill for all their help (as well as numerous others along the way). It's been a pleasure!

Jamie

1047_zps1f6f2ee4.jpg

Sorry to see you go dude... the new owner will get a great example of the breed though...

Enjoy the wind in your helmet etc :D

<tuffty/>

Reactions: superkarl
At least you swapped it for a proper car with LSD and rear wheel drive.

I used to love my old E34 535i sport, I didn't love the impromptu 180 spins in the wet though, lol.

You should like the Z..
just bought one for MrsB. she loves it.

I heard/saw, Bill - really looking forward to it and thanks once again for your help/time on the phone/here!

Sorry to see you go dude... the new owner will get a great example of the breed though...

Enjoy the wind in your helmet etc :D

<tuffty/>

Cheers Paul! Echo the thanks again - very patient man!

At least you swapped it for a proper car with LSD and rear wheel drive.

I used to love my old E34 535i sport, I didn't love the impromptu 180 spins in the wet though, lol.

Ha, yes, I'm definitely going to have to get used to a new way of driving over Xmas. I've already got Winter tyres booked in for a few days after I pick it up as it's made a massive difference to dad's R8.

my mate had one of those
exactly the same
spent more time in the garage than on the road

my mate had one of those
exactly the same
spent more time in the garage than on the road
Filling me with confidence!
By all, if not, most accounts, the engine and drive chain are bullet proof. The only issues that seem to arise are poor maintenance related.

no he was just really precious about it and liked to keep it in his garage
was as reliable as a swiss watch

no he was just really precious about it and liked to keep it in his garage
was as reliable as a swiss watch
Ah apologies, I completely misunderstood - I thought you were going down the garage/dealer route! Good to hear!

it was defo a play on words ;)

it was an incredible car
felt amazing!!!
enjoy it but take it steady from what i hear they can bite!!
what a noise they make!!

Reactions: JD09
nice car, I like the sharper lines of the pre facelift compared to the whale of a bonnet on the facelift version. Although what I'd really like is a z3 m coupe, ****** expensive though
BMW Z3 M Coupe

Reactions: JD09 and superkarl
nice car, I like the sharper lines of the pre facelift compared to the whale of a bonnet on the facelift version. Although what I'd really like is a z3 m coupe, ****** expensive thoughView attachment 45829

Cannot believe how much these have rocketed up. I looked at Roadsters last year, before putting more money into the house - £7k bought you an average miler, £9-10k bought you a great one. Roadsters are now much more, Coupes are worth ridiculous money! Iconic!

both beautiful cars imo
some people dont like the long bonnets but the z4m is beautiful and so it that z3 m

Jamie, good luck with the sale of your car. Someone is going to get a really super car. Good luck with your new choice of car. Enjoy. :) x

Reactions: JD09
Jamie, good luck with the sale of your car. Someone is going to get a really super car. Good luck with your new choice of car. Enjoy. :) x

Thanks Sandra, have a chap coming to see it Saturday - all getting a bit real now! It's been such a great car these past few years!

Here it is a picture of mine after painting the rings and frame

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418885293742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418885293742.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 179