Off to Bill's on 16th for remap

minimatto

Reaction score
After owning my APY for 2 years have finally got round to getting her remapped. I have been doing slight mods to her, B5 TIP, Jetex air filter, Forge 007p, N249 bypass and SAI removal. Had to put Eibach springs on her as she had a broken rear so I replaced them all, just need set of B8's to get the ride better.

I did go to Bill's couple of weeks ago to pick up TIP and he gave me info on what blocks to log to check car was ready for remap. Luckily he did as my MAF was so tired it was in a comma. New one fitted and now counting days down til 16th.

Todays the day, pity about the weather

You make it sound like we've been basking in sunshine all summer and the day you decide to get a remap it rains.... Down south every day must be a remap day then :)

Have fun today though, I'm sure the drive home even if it is in the rain will be far more enjoyable than the one up there!

Bill is the man for the job have a fun day I did and drive safe.

Map all done 210 to 250 bhp and extra 60 lb/ft torque. Was enjoying drive home until clutch started slipping

Question is shall i stick to dual mass or swap to solid flywheel.

Does anyone know the bhp rating on dual mass?

Question is shall i stick to dual mass or swap to solid flywheel.

Does anyone know the bhp rating on dual mass?

DMF is on several cars with 350bhp+
upgrade part used on them is a Sachs paddle drive plate on std LUK other parts

Std clutch would be fine, yours was just worn out from the feel of the pedal bite (right at the top of the pedal)

Drove to work today and 1st,2nd and 3rd no slip at all even when i booted it. It slipping in others but only when i boot it.

Fingers crossed dmf is ok and just clutch gone. Starting job tomoorow evening after work.

Replaced clutch and flywheel Sunday, had to wait for inner cv boot, but now car back on road and I'm loving the extra power.

Cheers Bill great job.

nearly sorted need new coil packs next, but have to pilfer some £££ away from the mrs